Thursday, December 30, 2010

I Am A Moth Who Just Wants To Share Your Light

Tomorrow night we say goodbye to 2010.

You know my feelings on the subject. Good friggin' riddance to a shitty year.

That said, I'm not completely delusional. While I've blathered on and on about how 2011 has to be better, and will somehow be "The Year of Awesometastic Kris", I'm well-aware that my life will not automatically become wonderful at 12am on January 1st (yeah, and magical pixie dust will be floating all around me as cute little leprechauns shower me with money and 30 perfect men beg me to take them as my significant other, while all the people who have hurt me are suddenly banished to tiny metal cages in the Antarctic, never to be seen again.)

Sadly, that just won't happen. A chick can dream.

Dear Kris, things aren't so black and white. Love, Kris.

This past week, the last week o' 2010, has been a pretty horrible one. This year is sticking to its guns as far as letting itself be known as the worst yet. But I'm tired of sitting here, literally crying every damn day because I've been screwed with yet again, or because everything that seems hopeful becomes immediately horrible.

That, my friends, is a shitty existence. Huzzah! A revelation.

What I do know is that things take time. And this year, my goal is to learn. Learn how to let go of negative situations and the people who bring them. Learn to be positive and keep reaching and working toward all of the things I want to accomplish. Learn to convince people that poutine is a vegetable and beer can cure memory loss.

So that's that.

Best part of any year. My girl.
Sorry 2010, but I'm better than that crap. 2011 will see me getting back to myself again, cuz holy hell... it's time. And as you can see on my sidebar above, there is now a Best of Shambled Ramblings to remember the, uh... better times.

How bout you? Screw resolutions, how do you plan to improve your whole damn future?

(and, oh... p.s. - If anyone tries to kiss me at midnight tomorrow, you may get punched. I'm kissing myself as a way of saying "Shazam! You survived the year! And your dress is pretty 'n stuff! Have a beer!". You've been warned.)



18 comments:

Working On It. said...

OK time to get all self help on your ass lol.

Here's what I've figured out. I'm sure you've heard it all before.

No one on this planet can make you feel anything, you choose what you want to feel. Nobody's actions or words can do anything unless you choose to feel a certain way about them. Your state of mind is totally up to you, you can choose to be sad or angry or happy, all that is needed is a decision. One that is made inside you, not outside.

I leave off with a favourite quote;

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." ~ Victor Frankl

I hope this helps,

A.

Ron said...

Love the posting, and the comment above. Both offer good advice that resonates ever so acutely today.

Here's to a better year for us all. (Hopefully not just a little better, but MUCH better. Even, dare I say... awesometastic?)

Kris said...

A - I've heard that many times, but it's pretty hard to control. I'll admit, I don't know how. Hence the learning! :)

Rob - Awesometastic indeed. I think we'll both get that!

TC said...

OK, so here's to a much better 2011!

Kris said...

Hell yeah!

RealSuperKeith said...

Goodbye 2010 (your self-proclaimed annus horribilis - although it couldn't have been all bad what with some of your new friendships and re-aquaintances? :)

And hello 2011

Wishing you a great new year my awesome friend, may it be the annus mirabilis that you seek, in fact may it be the G.O.A.T.!! I think you're destined for greatness so go on and make it your own - just don't forget about us little people when you make it to the top, ok?

Krista said...

Hey, a kiss with a fist is better than none... that's how the song goes, right?

I've been reading along, feeling your ups and downs this year, maybe not as intensely at you but it was nice to read just how honest your life experiences were. I wish the best for you this year, think good things and remember, if 2010 sucked then 2011 has to be good. Law of averages!

Kris said...

Keith - Little people? Bah! All are big people in my little world. Thanks for the lovely words, as usual. I hope all of our 2011s are GOATs... or however you would say that. I like goats. ;)

Krista - I do love that tune, and it's quite appropriate ;) Maybe I'll sing it when I punch out the inevitable dude who sees an incorrect opportunity at midnight. I like your 'law of averages' thought - hope you're right! Also hopin' you guys have a great year, too - come visit TO next time you're Ontario-bound!

Mike D. said...

I'm wishing a wonderful 2011 for you. I know you hear this a lot, but you are truly a gorgeous person in and out with an amazing brain to match. Adventures are coming!

Kris said...

Thanks, D. Back at ya, and maybe I'll see you at some point this year.

ghost said...

there is no resolution. or a plan for that matter. just going to keep putting one foot in front of the other and look up every now and then to see what's around.

i pray your 2011 treats you better than 2010 did, kris.

Kris said...

You too, my friend. And thank you. You're always one of my favourites.

Anonymous said...

Happy new year, Kris!

Kris said...

You too, anon!

screetus said...

Why, merely continuing to read your blog will ensure my 2011 improves!

Happy New Year! May 2011 bring you all you hope for.

Friend said...

Are your dreams are coming true this year, Ms. Rambler. Bet on it!

Kris said...

screetus - You too! And may it also bring you beers with me soon. Ha!

Friend - I'm not usually a bettin' kinda chick... but if you say so ;)

Anonymous said...

A huge dick in my pussy,any warm wet tounge up my personal arse and cum along with pussy juice all
over me. Fuck, ozzy

Feel free to visit my webpage hcg injections

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...