Monday, December 6, 2010

Just Another Half Of The Two-Headed Freak, But I Need Him Like My Heart Needs To Beat

This weekend I headed into Toronto. Had a full day of apartment hunting on Sunday planned, but Saturday?

Oh, Saturday was for parties. Had four to attend, but could only make it to two. I am just one chick, after all. A chick who likes beer and fun times with folks I missed.



I love catching up with people I haven't seen in awhile. It reminds me exactly why I want to be back in the city.




See what I'm sayin'?



Aside from jobs and opportunities, people are a huge reason I fell in love with the city. I made a lot of amazing friends during my years in Toronto, and it's because of them that I felt at home.

Sometimes you lose touch, sometimes you don't. They still affect you.




It's also pretty great to realize how many different groups of friends I have there.

And I mean different in every possible way. I can only assume that my multiple personalities must appeal to certain people, not unlike a circus sideshow.

Everyone, say hello to the voices in my head.



To all of those not pictured and not seen, I love you dorks too. Promise.

Even if we've had a falling out of some sort (and even if I wanna throw things at your head), it's a guarantee that you still mean a lot to me.



Don't ask why this post is somewhat sentimental. Since when is my blog a freakin' love-in?

Blame it on the 50, perhaps. There may be some beer fumes still swimmin' in my little head. (Late night poutine, too. Cuz I'm delicate.)



And now, I am back home...



Stressing over apartments, getting anxiety over other things, and far too used to being generally unhappy.

There's a whole lotta crazy going on in my brain.


But I'll soon be back to annoy all Torontonians yet again, on a permanent basis.

I can sense your excitement from here. Aw, shucks.


24 comments:

Suezin DaC said...

and im looking forward to being one of the annoyed :P

Anonymous said...

Everytime i don't make the blog i die a little more inside.

Kris said...

Suezin - Can't wait to annoy ya! ;) I'll be near you, I think.

Anon - Can't put faceless people on a blog. Who are you?

RealSuperKeith said...

Nice to see that some of my photographic handiwork was put to good use ;) Nice post, although I'm a little disappointed that only my smile made the last pic...

Kris said...

It was dark, I couldn't see! I'll be posting more of your photographic artistry, I'm sure. And one day, I'll upload an album. When I'm not lazy.

Masuka said...

You suck.

Kris said...

You send drunken text messages that aren't English.

RealSuperKeith said...

Hmmm, maybe what you need is an unpaid intern who'll cater to your every blog-related whim (and other whims too, for good measure) esp when you're feeling lazy and slightly dictatorial. As your unpaid Assistant they can even sport the title Blog-Ass.

Kris said...

Hahaha... sure, you find someone who wants to work for me for free! So hard to find a good Blog-Ass these days ;)

stevenadamswv.com said...

Yup, the city looks fun.

RealSuperKeith said...

Sooo, where can I apply?

Kinda tired of my current role and been looking to change it up for a while. I think I'd be a good fit - as you already know I'm a big fan of the blog (a pre-requisite I would imagine) and I'm quite handy with a camera.

Among other things, I also deeply respect grammar rules, I'm an excellent coffee-fetcher/maker and I can make a mean veal 'sangwich'. My height always allows me to reach the forgotten Nutella jar on the top shelf and my speed means that any Big Mac runs would not take longer than 7 minutes. You'd also be impressed by my amazing flat-tire changing and cab-hailing abilities. Oh, and along with being thick-skinned (would come in handy for the yelling you know) I can also amuse-on-demand when necessary...

I can here it now - Keith, Imp, Lad, F, whatever the fuck your name is these days, get your Blog-Ass over here ;)

Added bonus: we can even come up with an idea to help solve the world's energy problems. Some intern out of NYC tried to once but his rubber-to-oil ratio was flawed. We can make it happen...

Kris said...

You're hired! ...mainly cuz I don't hafta pay ya.

Mike D. said...

You look lovely Kris. I'm always glad to see the smile!

peterdewolf said...

I love that you have a picture of your dog on your phone. I have a pic of my adorably cute niece being adorably cute on my Black Berry.

Kris said...

D - Why thank you, mister.

Peter - It's actually a pic of my other dog (my ex dog, I suppose), who doesn't live with me. I usually have Daisy on my phone, but I saw Jack a month ago and couldn't help myself. If I had a cute niece being adorably cute, she'd be on MY phone too. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey what about your St. Kitts friends???????

Kris said...

I love 'em, too! Obviously. But when I'm in Toronto I can go back and forth easier than I can only living in Niagara.

I love all my people. And need to see them lots.

Masuka said...

Especially those whose parties you don't attend....

Kris said...

You passed out, drunk-o. How do you know I didn't show up? Huh? ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh hell ya!

Mancrab said...

Wow I look hammered in those pictures! So glad you
Made it to my party!

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

That girl with the beard, crown, and purse is sassy!

Kris said...

It's true. My purse looks so much better on him, I'm kinda jealous.

Kris said...

Stu, I somehow didn't see that comment til now. Birthday hammered is a good thing, and we're glad we were able to make it, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...