Saturday, February 12, 2011

Choke Me In The Shallow Water


I used to be terrified of dogs when I was young. Couldn't be in the same house or walk on the same street as one.
Then I owned two and love them more than anything.

I used to be blonde because I thought that attractiveness was surely related to the lightness of one's hair.
Then I went dark and stopped caring what others may prefer.

I used be scared of the idea of living alone. It was never my plan, and it wasn't something I ever wanted.
Then things changed, and now I crave it and can't wait to have a space that is my own.



I used to have everything planned out - my entire life was on a timeline, and every milestone was scheduled by my own (and others') expectations.
Then I took a detour years ago, and now I have no idea what'll happen next. It's a clean slate that I'm excited for.

I used to be afraid to be myself, and I often withdrew and allowed others to control situations. I thought I had no right to take charge or be proud of my quirks and personality.
Then I realized that I was wrong. I am who I am, and I'll let everyone know it. There's no one I need to impress or cater to.

I used to fear everything.
Now? I'm slowly learning to welcome change and turn the fear into curiosity, a challenge to overcome before moving onto the next.



A person is made up of so many different sides. Constantly evolving and becoming who we truly are, regardless of circumstance and sources we can't control.

I'm not who I was before.

I'm so much better.

David Bowie predicted it, and he is never wrong.



18 comments:

RealSuperKeith said...

Solid blog post. Bravo!

screetus said...

Well said!

beaches_dude58 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kris said...

Thanks, guys. You two are always so goshdarn nice.

I'm intrigued about this deleted comment, too... hmmm.

Mike D. said...

You are amazing. (And you hair looks great! lol)

Kris said...

Well thank ya, Mister D! You're not so bad yourself.

ghost said...

before i get too deep.

Kris said...

I'm not aware of too many things. I know what I know, if you know what I mean. (and you do, ghost... you do.)

:)

Drew said...

boo-urns, first comment disappeared, lets try this again!
Awesome Blog! You have written what most think/try to do, but don't for the sake of normalcy. Only to regret it later on in life, change is good, Kudos to you Kris!

Kris said...

Thanks, Drew. Nice of you to say! (As for normalcy, well... I've never been accused of being "normal" Heh.)

Anonymous said...

Girl... I have been reading this site for a long time now. The ups and downs and all your honesty. THIS POST shows that you are on a great track and you're comfortable with the woman you have become. I feel a weird sense of pride, feeling like I know you and wishing you so much happiness. You rock so hard, and thats all I can say!

Kris said...

I appreciate that, anon. Wow. Judging by that comment, you rock pretty damn hard yourself!

Anonymous said...

:)

Jetson Stamina said...

I use to love hot dogs, then I puked them up in the Police Station parking lot.

Now I realize, when you eat hot dogs after polishing off a 40oz of whiskey, you're really just renting the hot dog.

I guess we're both growing up.

Luckily, neither of us had to work in a bicycle-shop with Arnold Jackson to learn our lessons.

(Ultra High-five if you get this reference)

Kris said...

Whatchou talkin' bout, Stamina?

:)

Please said...

Update?

His Boy Elroy said...

Stamina that was a creepy episode and poor Dudley was never the same after that.

Kris said...

Hmm.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...