Wednesday, February 9, 2011

An Extra Feeling Inside Her Soul Makes Her Cry


Come with us now on a journey through time & space...

Ok, not really.

But I spent the last couple of days in Toronto and got snap-happy in my hotel room. I figured it was a good way to prove that I do more than drink beer and swear at hooligans as they drive by on their new-fangled transportation machines.



For example, look at how domesticated I am.

That's an iron. And pants. To be ironed.

Am I good at it? Shit no. But it only took me about 15 hours to make the pants and shirt wearable.

Check yo'self, Martha Stewart. Once I learn how to make a bundt cake using flour, a blowtorch and some Elmers glue, you're out of a job.



Please note that the hotel room work station did not face the TV.

That's great for productivity and all, but how was I supposed to find out if Billy was sleeping with his sister's best friend who was actually his half-sister who came back from the dead - twice?

I'll never know.


Luckily the work was finished in time for some Southpark-watchin' from a bed that could fit about 10 of me.

Not that I counted.

...but yeah, I counted. 10. 10 Kris', ah ah ah!



Always take time to sing in your shower head, even if you are not presently taking a shower.



Then when I did take a shower, I could creepily look into the bedroom through the shower's window-wall. 

Useful for a horror movie. Glad I didn't realize it at the time.


 My new job title is Professional Disgruntled-Looking Seat Tester.



Hunger kicked my ass, so I dragged my slothy self into the cold streets and stopped at Grindhouse Burger Bar.

My food decisions are always good - those were honestly the best onion rings I've ever had. Ever. And as a Fatty-Gross-Greasy Food Connoisseur, I've had many.



The burger.

So big I named it Porky (no I didn't).



Food coma. Thank god for the bed.

After work the next day, I met Masuka over at CBC for a bit. I like interrupting people at their places of employment.



This is the tree from Mr. Dressup.

I tried to climb up so I could visit Casey & Finnegan, but they didn't seem to be home.


The Tickle Trunk.

I kinda wanted to steal it and bring it home, but didn't want to get Masuka in trouble. I'm nice like that.

Then off to the train station I went, to wait a couple of hours for a train that would cart my ass home to Niagara.

Le fin.



21 comments:

peterdewolf said...

TICKLE TRUNK!

I am ridiculously jealous of you right now.

Kris said...

Then you're ridiculously in need of a trip to Toronto, no?

Masuka said...

Peter, the CBC museum is open Monday to Friday 5 days a week for all your mr. Dress up visiting needs.

Kris said...

He's not from 'round these parts, Mr. 'Suka.

Alyson said...

I am seriously going there the next time I'm in Toronto. I'm appalled I was unaware it lived there.

Kris said...

I didn't know either, and I've been at CBC a buncha times!

screetus said...

I've got it! You should just move into that hotel and make it your new Toronto home.

I can teach you how to iron your pants. The army trained me.

Kris said...

Haha, I said that too ;)

Seriously, teach me how. Although the shirt gave me more trouble than the pants... I actually re-did the shirt the next morning. I probably shouldn't admit how much I suck at ironing.

TC said...

Ha, I never knew that was there either! And to think I walked by that place every single day when I was working in TO...

Masuka said...

There's also Mr. Rogers first trolley (as in take the trolley to the kingdom of make believe) and the friendly giants castle.

Kris said...

It's a magical, happy place.

Mike D. said...

That's a sassy first photo, and those rings look good!

Kris said...

Yes, well... I'm nothing if not sassy.

:p

jetson stamina said...

I...AM... IRONED PANTS!

NahNahNahNah...NAH...NahNaaaah.



And now....

You will never iron another pair of pants without humming the Black Sabbath tune.

Jetson for the win.

Kris said...

Scuse me while I clap enthusiastically for that one.

Well done! Jetson is ALWAYS for the win.

Anonymous said...

That burger looks amazing.

Kris said...

Size o' my head.

Jonathan said...

.... more substance in the burger than in your head ....

Kris said...

Yeah, and the onion rings were way less greasy than YOU, Jonny.

:)

ghost said...

tickle trunk? maybe my head is in the gutter.

Kris said...

Hahaha... also because you didn't get Mr. Dressup in the States. I grew up watching him.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...