Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hey Child, Stay Wilder In The Wind & Blow Me In To Cry

If any of you Torontonians noticed that the atmosphere got a little more "Krisified", I fully take all the blame for that.

I'm baaaaack.


Moved back to the west end over the weekend, hence the brief blogging hiatus. I dig where I live, dig the apartment, dig the 'hood. Lotsa diggin' going on.

I'm still unpacking and organizing some things, so there aren't too many apartment pics happening in this post.


But there's park pics.


And dog pics.


And a pic of me drinking the first pot of coffee I made in the new place.

(Yes, I completely embrace my own dorkiness. You should, too!)


Waffles in the morning sunshine. Aunt Jemima looks positively radiant for a 300 billion year-old lady.


Daisy's a pretty good roommate, minus yesterday afternoon. We won't talk about that right now. You do not want me to see me angry.


This is where I blog from. It's called a desk. There's a computer there. Did you know that they have internet on computers now?

Technology blows my mind.


Salty and Pepper, whose commercials are known to make this chick cry, have found a home in my kitchen. It makes me stupidly happy.


Front deck is awesome for people-watching. Not that I do that.


Back deck is attached to my bedroom. While awesome, it also attracts noisy birds damn early in the morning.

They wake me up and make my li'l hunting dog a bit crazy. Tweet, tweet.


The Lizard King has found a place to live.


Daisies from my mom - they make my desk look a helluva lot better.

It's good to be back, I gotta admit.


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back K!!
I've noticed a shift in atmosphere in the west end over the weekend. Miss ya and hope to see you soon.
Steff

Kris said...

Thanks darlin'! Can't wait to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hiiiii Kriiiiiiis!

screetus said...

Hooray! Welcome back!

Place looks nice -- I like those hardwood floors.

Danger Owl said...

Not sure I noticed anything in the hood change.... but I do know I saw something move... or felt it move....

It was good.

It was right.....

danger Owl is all....... and all is nothing.

Masuka said...

Come play!

Kris said...

Anon - Well hi there.

Screetus -I gotta email you back! I read it while moving... I'm very slow.

Danger Owl - Sounds a bit like something Trent Reznor once said. You're a good owl.

Masuka - Yes dear. Scrabble!

Mike D. said...

Niagara already misses you, girlie!

TC said...

OH you have that shaker set!

Kris said...

D - Aw, thanks.

TC - Yup. My mom got 'em for me, because the commercials made me cry... I'm a dork. But I love them.

Friend said...

Welcome back home :)

tony said...

thats a gerber.

keep it as sunny and as moist as you can.

[insert joke here]

Kris said...

Thanks, Friend!

Tony - It is indeed a gerber. And it's uh... plenty moist and sunny...

Alyson said...

I have to say, I'm really impressed by the Colbert-esque eye-brow arch you're rocking!

Glad you're happy to be back in TO :)

Kris said...

Oh chick... I've won contests with this eyebrow. It's my only talent ;)

When ya comin' to visit good ol' T.O.?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...