Thursday, March 10, 2011

Where Do We Go From Here? The Words Are Coming Out All Weird

My friend Aaron translated a message into German before sending it to me yesterday. This was the original English message:

Hello, Goetz. I am happy for you that you have finally returned to the wonderful city of Toronto. It's an exciting time. Your apartment looks great. Two decks, for the win!

After the German translation, he translated it back into English to see how messed up it would be. And messed up, it was:

Hello, Goetz. I am happy for you that you are returned in the end to the wonderful city of Toronto. It is an exciting time. Your dwelling regards largely. Two covers, for the victory!

We Germans are angry, and weird of face. Your dwelling regards largely.

So, he changed it into Italian, then back to English:

Hello, Goetz. I am happy for her that she is returned finally to the wonderful town of Toronto. It is an exciting time. Its apartment looks at large. Two bridges, for the victory! 

 ....then Japanese and back to English:

Hello, it is double play. I am happy for you and you shall returned in the wonderful city of Toronto last. It is stimulative time. It is seen your apartment largely. Two decks for the victories!

Thanks to the rotisserie channel and Japanese translation - it is stimulative time.



Ah, it's the little things that make my day.



10 comments:

Ken said...

ha! I loves it yes do

TC said...

Double play! YES!

Kris said...

That's me! Kris Double Play!

It's Hot In Here - Put The Aar On said...

We don't get that channel here. I'm very upset. Reason 100,769 why St.Catharines sucks backside. I think I'll start a poutine channel. 24/7 loop of me making poutine. Don't fret, ladies. I'll be in my boxers.

Kris said...

Can you translate THAT message?

Aaron said...

Good idea, DP!

We do not receive that canal here. I am overthrown very. Think logically 100,769 why St. Catharines back sucks. I think that I will begin a poutine canal. 24/7 bow of me making poutine. Rain you yourself not, ladies up. I will be in my boxers.

We do not receive that channel here. I am very upset. Judge 100 769 why С-. Catharines sucks the back party. I think, that I shall begin Putin's channel. A loop 24/7 that I did Putin. Not разъешьте, lady. I shall be in my boxers.

We do not take that channel here. I am upsetted a lot. To reason 100,769 because St. Catharines sucks the back. I think that comincerò a channel of poutine. 24/7 knot of me doing the poutine. Not to wear out, the mister. I will be in my boxers.

Kris said...

Oh my god.... so funny. I have to re-read em.

ghost said...

im jealous of the rotisserie channel.

that needs no translation.

Kris said...

It's tasty.

Anonymous said...

double play?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...