Friday, April 15, 2011

I Wouldn't Want You To Want To Be Wanted By Me


This... is a knife.

A big damn knife.

Used for big damn heavy duty cutting of big damn heavy duty things.



This is a big dog treat with amazing powers. Mainly the power of doggie oblivion.

While chewing this tasty drug-like treat, my usually perceptive dog would become completely oblivious to everything, including:

- me leaving her alone
- the apocalypse
- Mickey Mouse kicking the shit out of the Jonas Brothers.

This stuff is pure gold in a yellow package.

And so, since I had both of my doggies yesterday and had to leave them alone for a few meetings, I decided to use the big damn knife (pictured above) to cut the treat (pictured above) in half, so each of my JRTs could be in blissful treat oblivion.

Instead?

Well. When you're headed out the door and in a bit of a rush, it's probably unwise to wield large knives, especially when attempting to cut something that absolutely does not wish to be cut.

And so... the knife slipped.



The scene looked much like this, but with the addition of screamed expletives and blood everywhere. And I do mean everywhere.

My finger resembled a scene out of Hobo With a Shotgun. That is to say that the stream of blood was closely matched by the stream of four-letter words from my mouth. So... neverending.

Ouch, with a side order of panic and pissed off-edness.

Now, I'm no fan of blood... and if you find it puke-worthy, you may want to skip the next pic. I took it when I thought the blood had finally stopped so I could text it to my friend for sympathy points, and he could take part in my plight.

Yep, this was as close to "normal" as it was getting.



Now? The jerk still hurts, and I'm scared to take off the bandage.

So let this be a lesson to you boys and girls. There's a moral here, and that moral is:

If you're an idiot, don't cut stuff. You will bleed.
 
The end.



22 comments:

Aaron said...

I managed to slice both my index fingers between 1991 and 1992. First time was from using a filet knife to put a new notch in my belt. That's both stupid and funny, considering I'm 4 notches over at this point. Second time, I was cutting something and my Swiss army knife folded.

I agree with the moral. Speaking of myself, of course.

phx said...

owie!

Kris said...

Aaron - We need adult supervision.

phx - You said it!

Mancrab said...

Moral of the story buy two bones next time! You should
Put crazy glue on it to seal it up good or you could buy
Second skin.

Minerva said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kris said...

I did buy two bones, but they're for bigger dogs so we cut em in half for Daisy sometimes. This time it didn't work out so well ;)

Gotta hunt for super glue, Super Stu!

ThisIsAndrew said...

Ouch!

You're on a roll with the insanely graphic blogs lately.

Kris said...

Am I?

Geez, I guess you're right.

Sadly, I don't think I have anything graphic to say today.

Anonymous said...

Did the dog food people ever compensate you?

Kris said...

Nope.

I had to get back in touch with them with more info... haven't heard back since then.

PatZ said...

I did that years ago while cutting a pumpkin at halloween. i was also telling/showing my sister how to she shouldn't hold the knife to avoid cutting herself.
of course, that necessitated the knife just about slicing off the side of my thumb as soon as I finished saying that...
stitches ensued... i told everyone at school i was bored and trying to juggle kitchen knives.

Kris said...

Ha! Not 'ha' at the pain... but 'ha' at the juggling knives story.

I'm pretty sure I'll have a scar, and I've decided to say I was in a knife fight. Technically it's true. I fought a knife, and the knife won.

Anonymous said...

I'm gone to inform my little brother, that he should also visit this webpage on regular basis to take updated from most up-to-date news update.

Feel free to surf to my homepage: Eco sanctuary

Anonymous said...

I used to be suggested this website via my cousin.
I'm now not certain whether or not this publish is written by means of him as no one else recognize such specified about my trouble. You are amazing! Thanks!

Feel free to surf to my weblog :: The Interlace

Anonymous said...

Great goods from you, man. I have be aware your stuff prior
to and you're simply too great. I actually like what you've got right here,
certainly like what you're stating and the best way by which you are saying it. You make it entertaining and you continue to care for to keep it smart. I can not wait to read much more from you. That is actually a wonderful website.

Here is my web page; world Of Tanks Hack

Anonymous said...

Thank you for some other informative blog. Where else may I get that type of info written
in such a perfect manner? I've a undertaking that I'm simply now running on, and I have been at the
look out for such info.

My web blog :: candy crush Saga Cheats

Anonymous said...

You should take part in a contest for one of the most useful websites on the web.
I'm going to recommend this website!

My homepage; Unknown

Anonymous said...

whoah this blog is excellent i love reading your posts. Stay up the great work!
You realize, lots of individuals are searching round for this info, you can
help them greatly.

Take a look at my web blog ... Psn code Generator

Anonymous said...

Appreciate the recommendation. Let me try it out.

Feel free to surf to my website: Http://harmonioustask9238224.pen.Io/

Anonymous said...

I am not sure where you're getting your information, but
great topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more.
Thanks for wonderful information I was looking for this info for my mission.

Here is my homepage real steel world robot boxing cheats - http://realsteelwrbhack.tumblr.com/,

Anonymous said...

At this time it sounds like Movable Type is the preferred blogging platform available
right now. (from what I've read) Is that what you are using on your blog?


Also visit my webpage - battle gems hack no survey
- ,

Anonymous said...

I'm very happy to uncover this site. I need to to
thank you for your time just for this wonderful read!!
I definitely really liked every bit of it and i also have you book-marked to check out new information on your website.


Also visit my webpage live jasmin (http://live-jasmin-discount.mydownloads4free.com)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...