Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I Look At You Through The Bushes Where You Can't See Me

Going through some old photo albums on Ye Olde Computing Device, I came across a chick I once knew quite well.

Some folks may refer to her as Krissy Longstockings. Those folks may get punched in the throat.


She wore pigtails and hats. She was not unlike a Gilligan's Island reject.

Mary Anne meets Ginger meets Kermit the Frog.


She liked beer and travel chairs.


She wore pink socks and running shoes because that's what cool kids do in the woods.


She communed with nature.

Dancing counts as "communing". So does drinking.


She took pictures with boys who had no eyes.

Was it because she removed them herself, with her forest-ninja skills?

Yes.

I mean.. uh... maybe. We'll never know.


She had a kickass dog who could swim like nobody's business, and let all forest creatures know that they would indeed be eaten if they stepped outta line. Or, stepped anywhere at all.

This braided lady of the past would like to come out again.

Weather's getting warmer.

Cottaging, camping, fishing, swimming, bonfires, throwing strangers down the wells...

It's time. Bring her back.



15 comments:

TC said...

AMEN to that!! I'm ALL about the camping in summer...

Alyson said...

Heck yeah! I loves me some camping!

PS that "communing with nature" pose is hilar.

Kris said...

TC - I didn't go last year, but I'm hoping to do a lot of that stuff this year. Take advantage of warm weather.

Alyson - Ha... all the pictures where I look kinda awkward, it just means that my ex took 'em. I was a shy poser. Who knew?

Anonymous said...

Is that you? It doesn't look like you. Light hair.

Masuka said...

YOU MEAN BRING BACK THE BLONDE?!?!?!!?

Kris said...

Certainly is me. Used to be blonde. This was 2009, I believe.

Kris said...

Nooooooo. Sorry, sir.

Mike D. said...

Get a sugar daddy with a cottage. Problem solved!

Kris said...

People keep telling me that. Too bad it ain't my kinda thing :(

Kris said...

Hey Blogger... when you put the missing post back up, where did the comments go??

Bah.

ghost said...

but will she be blond or brunette?

Kris said...

Brunette!

Drew said...

Great blog Kris, and the timing is impeccable, as my buddy Mike wrote in his email to me earlier this week "So it is that time of the year where the reality of the May 24th weekend is within reach" The unofficial start of summer is upon us, I'm looking forward to jumping in the car, and heading North to cottage country for everything the cottage and the north country has to offer.
I agree 100% the braided lady of the past must come out again, this time as a brunette, it is time, bring her back, have fun, enjoy summer!!!

Kris said...

Damn right!

Frankie said...

YOU MEAN BRING BACK THE BLONDE?!?!?!!?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...