Thursday, June 2, 2011

She Lets Her Ladder Down For Those Who Really Shine


This fun-haired food freak is my older seester, Steph. She shows off her culinary-ness (yeah, I make up words) over on her site, Stephfood.

Y'see, while similar in many ways, our differences are kinda major. She's the daughter my Mom always wanted while I'm the son my Dad never had.

And so, in keeping with said differences, Steph can cook. And likes to cook. (Whaaat?!)

I'm a master of toast and Kraft Dinner while she creates tasty, pretty things I can't always pronounce. (Wtf is a Papas Rellenas and Ceviche? That doesn't sound like a Big Mac and fries at all.)

Ok, ok... so I don't love cooking unless it's for someone else. And even then? Meh. Can't promise it'll be all that great.

But I swear, we're sisters.


See? Sisters.

Le Seester Steph used to be in a pretty committed relationship with vegetarianism, but they later decided to see other people. She's now become a 'flexitarian'. As such, her cooking has expanded into new territory, one that I can get on board with.

And this is where you monkeys come in. I've decided to force my dear sister to teach me how to cook one of her delicious dishes, and to put it on camera for my next video blog. The results will surely be... uh, interesting.  She may want to strangle me, and I may set her kitchen on fire. Who knows?

So... what do you guys think she should teach me to cook, so that all of you can watch and laugh at my sad lack of skills?



14 comments:

ns said...

I say a bolognese sauce + pasta, or! some janky cut of meat + potatoes n junk.

Kris said...

All of the above, and put in a blender!

blepharisma said...

I still don't really cook meat, aside from tossing sausage into pasta (which doesn't count cuz it's already cooked). We'll find something fun for you...

Kris said...

I don't require meat, but y'know pastas are always good!

Captain Ding Dong said...

I'll allow you to cook SOME healthy, quality meals just as long as you don't commit yourself fully to the dark side. Because if that happens, I might just have to break in and insert an IV of bacon fat into your arm.

Kris said...

I don't think that's a worry whatsoever. Consider my love of bacon, FGPs, Big Macs, poutine, and mozza sticks. See? Not an issue!

Alyson said...

Rouladen. It's so tasty!

Kris said...

My mom makes that! I think my sister has too, actually. We're good Germans like that ;)

TC said...

I say homemade ravioli, maybe mushroom and arugula with some kind of tasty cheese, asiago maybe?

Kris said...

That seems doable, too.... and definitely something Steph & I would be into.

ghost said...

Papas Rellenas and Ceviche

Kris said...

Ha!

Masuka said...

That could be an interesting concept for a tv show.. "i dont know how to cook with KG"

And just get random to show you how to cook something.

PS: Im back!

Kris said...

True! Bring in some people who CAN cook, and watch me screw it up and add alcohol to everything.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...