Sunday, July 17, 2011

Endless, Nameless

On Tuesday I'll be turning 28.


Every time that comes up in conversation with friends, we end up talking about The 27 Club. The famous musicians who died at 27.

Kurt Cobain. Jimi Hendrix. Janis Joplin. Jim Morrison. Brian Jones. These are the more notable ones.

I recently saw this site that lists many others (including non-musicians) who died at 27 - including The Elephant Man and Jonathan Brandis. Who knew?


So, it makes me think. If I didn't make it to 28, what kind of legacy would I leave behind - what would I have been known for, if anything? How might I be described, as a non-famous member of The 27 Club?

"Remember Kris, that blogger chick who really liked beer and poutine?" or maybe "Too bad about whats-her-name. She was really good at high fives."

Hmm. That's just not good enough.

After last year's birthday, I promised myself that there'd be a lot of new changes. It was a brand new chapter. And, though it was a bit of a rollercoaster, a lot of those changes became reality. Many more are still in progress.

So, assuming nothing bad happens in the next couple of days (someone please knock on wood, damn it), I'll be making a similar promise to myself on my 28th birthday.

More positive changes. More awesomeness. More beer, poutine and high fives.


And when I join The 98 Club, you can be damn sure that there'll be something I accomplished worth remembering.

Bring it on, 28. I'm ready for your craziness.



17 comments:

Tristan Cuschieri said...

High fives. They're my favourite. Now I think you're rad.

Alyson said...

I want a high five from you.

Kris said...

I'll high five ya both!

Suezin DaC said...

your high fives do rule! :)

Kris said...

Just like yours hugs do, girly! I'm gonna need one again soon... lemme know your sched!

ThisIsAndrew said...

You better not be like David Puddy with your high fives!

ghost said...

happy birthday, kris! i mean, yeah, i know i'm early, but....

Kris said...

Andrew - But I LOVE Puddy!

ghost - thanks hun! :)

ThisIsAndrew said...

Yeah who am I kidding, I do too. "You owe me five!"

screetus said...

High five to that!

Wil said...

I typed out a nice, thoughtful, insightful, mature comment here the other day wishing you a happy birthday.

It was very uplifting, encouraging and wrought with positive reinforcement with a bit of compliments, etc, thrown in.

It was devoid of my usual attempts at humor that most people don't understand and subtle innuendo and obscure references and such.

In the end, I bailed on it cause I thought you wouldn't think it was actually me, seeing as you aren't used to that side of me, if any side at all.

So, I will simply say have a Happy Birthday Kris and here's to may more. There, that wasn't so bad.

Wil said...

That would be "many" more. Dammit, I knew I should've put my glasses on!

Kris said...

Ah, Wil... even when you don't comment for awhile, you're always one of my favourites. Thanks for the messages :)

And to everyone else? High frickin' fives!

Keir said...

When I was 27 I was in the studio, making my band's only real "album." I also landed my job that became my "career."

It's a weird age. Definitely worth seeing in the rear view mirror in terms of perspective, though.

Happy belated 28 Kris.

Kris said...

Thanks, mister.

And now, thanks to your comment, I'm singing PJ's Rearview Mirror.

:)

Keir said...

HA ha. Earwormified!

Could be worse, though. I could've made it U2.

Kris said...

Please... NO BONO!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...