Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Swap The Boots For Red Shoes

Well, I did it. I made it to 28. It's a strange number to me, but I can't quite figure out why. 27 felt a lot younger, 28 feels more like a "you'd better have all your shit together" age.

I'm ok with that.


I got an interesting email today. There's a site called FutureMe.org, and you can send an email to your future self. Apparently I forgot that I wrote one on July 16, 2010 - to be sent to me today:

Dear FutureMe,

Life right now sucks monkeyballs.

Remember when you used to like monkeys?

Yeah. You don't anymore.

Hope everything is better by the time you read this.

Hope you're finally happy.

Happy 28th.


Ah yes. Sunshine, lollipops and emo mood swings. 2010 was awesome.

And for the record? I do still like monkeys. PastMe was a liar and quite possibly a thief. I can't prove that, though.

I just want to thank everyone, friends & acquaintances, for all the great birthday wishes. You know who you are, and you've brought a smile to my face today. Such nice messages make the letdowns less significant and have truly made my day.

Speaking of making my day - my wonderful friend Mark sent me this earlier. It's like he knows me or something!


And now to see who I'll be spending the birthday with. Maybe no one, maybe everyone.

Maybe you.


17 comments:

Alyson said...

Happy birthday (again!)

Also, you're brave; I wouldn't want to know how asinine I'd sound to my future self, no future emails for me.

Kris said...

It's kinda fun, especially if you set it to be sent over a year away... cuz then you forget all about it til it pops into your inbox. Funny.

Mike D. said...

Happy birthday, beautiful! I like to see that happy smile!

Kris said...

Thanks Michael Davis, Esquire.

screetus said...

Woo hoo! Happy Birthday!

Kurtys said...

Happy Birthday! Carry on carrying on!

ThisIsAndrew said...

Happy Birthday!!

Wil said...

"cuz then you forget all about it til it pops into your inbox." - I've had that effect on women before.

Happy Birthday and shit, again.

Kris said...

Thanks guys, you're the best.

(And Wil? HA!)

Anonymous said...

Happy belated to my favoritest pretty girl blogger. Hope someone spoiled the crap out of you.

Kris said...

Thanks anon!!

Erica said...

I felt the same way about 28... it felt so weird... I wasn't sad that I was getting older, but 28 to me was just like woah... I'm an adult... right?

Erica said...

Ps. Happy Birthday! haha oops :P

Erica said...

Ps. Happy Birthday! haha oops :P

Kris said...

Thanks Erica!

And yeah... 28 is suddenly an adult number.

Friend said...

Did you do anything special for the bday evening?

Kris said...

Nothing too crazy, no. A friend came by for some bday cake, then I spent some time with someone else.

Ended up with a headache, but that's normal in this heat.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...