Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Just A Second Of Your Time, Any One Will Do

This past weekend was spent how all summer weekends should be spent - by doing as damn much as possible with as many groups of people as possible.

And so I did.


A little random guitar action before Whelan's Gate.

I've been going to that bar for years and never realized where the patio was until recently. It's like a walled-in secret garden of awesome, and I now admit that sometimes I'm not so bright. Then again, I'm usually too busy making new friends inside. Yeah... that'll be my excuse.


No point posting the smiling pics of Toni and I - it just wouldn't be right.


Next day?

Beach! Oh how I love thee, beach. Sun damage and sand-in-places-I'd-rather-not-mention aside, you are the bee's tanned knees.


There was a discussion on my Facebook profile pic awhile back about whether or not my bikini is pink. I hate pink and refuse to wear it. It's the bane of my black, black existence.

However... I fully admit that it's a raspberry colour. Which is not pink. My friend's camera phone app slightly changes the colours, and so it looks pinker than it is. Use my towel as a reference, somehow. Yes, I do realize that I'm getting defensive about the colour of a friggin' bathing suit.

Judge me. I don't care. I shall defeat you all.

Onward...


After a visit with friends and their insanely cute baby (more on that visit later), we went to see Shaun and Patrick - they're getting married in September, and I'm excited.


We headed to the birthday party of a woman I've never met, in her newly acquired tanning salon.

Strange party, but fun! Strange fun.


Long-time readers will remember Patrick. (Do ya? Huh? Punk?)

Now, allow me to share something with you that was shown to me on Saturday afternoon, while in the Beaches (thanks Dan & Megan...how did I not know about this?). Apparently this video has gone viral in the past month or so, and caused a slew of related videos, either imitating or re-creating it. Look 'em up.

Enjoy. And prepare to be creeped out and then have this stuck in your head for a week.



You're welcome.





26 comments:

Alyson said...

I LOVE Trololo Guy! I found out about him a few years ago and it makes me smile like crazy whenever he pops back up on someone's blog.

The Colour Love Bone said...

Its pink.

Kris said...

I have NO idea how this one passed me by! How'd that happen?

Bah!

Kris said...

Not pink!

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

I think the Alice n' Chains shirts negates any flack you could get about the pink bikini.

Kris said...

High fives to YOU, Noisewater.

You always know what to say!

justinbaisden.com said...

Your lack of dropping into the Stella Block Party saddens me.

Glad you had a great weekend though. Looks like you were all over the map (or all over a segment of Toronto).

Masuka said...

Ya that's pink man. It's a good look on you.

Kris said...

Justin - Sorry, I couldn't swing it! There'll be a proper meetup soon.

Masuka - Not pink. Raspberry.

Mom said...

I think that Opi would have enjoyed Trololo guy. He even sounds something like him :)

Kris said...

YES! That's what it reminds me of... The German Cowboy or whoever it was that Opi listened to.

He definitely would've loved Trololo guy. Too funny.

Wil said...

Cured! I didn't click on a single pic in this post. Also, the Trololo Sing Along is now my ringtone.

Kris said...

I think it caused me to stay awake all night. But I can't stay mad at the Trololo guy, he's just to creepy and awesome.

Anonymous said...

Hello Mommy Long Legs.

Kris said...

I'm a-scared of spiders.

screetus said...

You know, what I think would help us appreciate how your bikini is not pink, is if you posted several dozen more photos of you in it, say in different lighting and settings and such. This would really help us assess the, um, color palette. Yes, that's it. Assess the color palette.

Johnny said...

If that's not pink I'll eat my hat... my raspberry coloured hat.

Kris said...

screetus - Haha, I'm not lookin' to frighten any more people!

Johnny - Eat yer hat, mister. Eat it!

Steve-O said...

You seem so versatile, like all these pix show a different side of The Great Shambled Rambler. I think that's really fantastic.

Kris said...

Haha, thanks... but I think all the pics just show that I'm different types of 'awkward'.

Johnny said...

My hat is sadly not raspberry flavoured.

Kris said...

We can surely fix that.

12:52 poet said...

In your beach photo, I noticed a social ism. I like isms. And noticing them can be fun. The photo where you are holding your cellphone. That is textbook 'checkin my cellphone with my arm to prop up my bustline' technique. Well done! Every fireplace needs a mantle.

12:52 poet

Kris said...

Haha! I actually was typing something when he took that picture. There are a crapload of candids from that day, I learn to just ignore people :)

Traub said...

Its pink.

Anonymous said...

can i grow it in typical grime and would one seed create a plant?
?!

Here is my page :: marijuana seeds

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...