Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Mind Is Filled With Radio Cures, Electronic Surgical Words

Apparently I haven't been as forthcoming about my day-to-day crap as I used to be. Didn't think anyone would really miss that stuff, but I get emails like this and find that, in some cases, I'm wrong:


Why don't you blog as  much as you used to? Some of us want an update! What have you been doing?

Well, I've been keeping busy. And I've refrained from posts along the lines of " Went to [random bar] on [random night], saw [random person] and danced with them to [random song] while drinking [random brand of beer]".

But, if that's what you want....

Went to Velvet Underground on Friday to see my friend Bob spin. This past week it was a 90's theme, so it was all about the memories. There was one particular guy who was rockin' out to every song and didn't care who was watching. My friend and I respected that, and told him so. Turned out it was his birthday, so we got to talking.

Like many people, he underestimated my musical taste and random knowledge. Somehow we agreed on a challenge to see which of us knew all the words to "Walk" by Pantera.

The song was requested. The song was played.

Obviously I knew all the words. I also danced out the lyrics as an added bonus for those who wanted something to make fun of.

I win.

Walk on home, boy...




Is that enough Big Brother-type voyeur action for ya, dear emailer?

Non?


The rest of my weekend was fairly low key. Saw some friends. Ate some food. Drank some beers.

The usual Shamblin' & Ramblin' way.

And all the while, this particular song has been the soundtrack to my crazy wonky dreams at night.




Who wants to play Freud and figure that one out?



12 comments:

Johnny said...

That Pantera man is really irritated about somthin'

Trying to work out if his backing singer actually has a pink beard (1:25) or whether it's just a trick of the light.

I'm also pretty sure I saw a stage diver with a Pop-tarts t-shirt on.

Kris said...

I'd wear a Pop Tarts tshirt!

Anonymous said...

Great song.

Kris said...

Which one?

Masuka said...

Yay for skinny jeans on hot girls.

Anonymous said...

Radio cure

Kris said...

Masuka - Nah, that was ME.

Anon - Ah. Well, I'd have to agree.

Wil said...

I too enjoy your day-to-day crap, I have no idea why.

ghost said...

are you talking to me?

Kris said...

Wil - Because you're smart. That is why!

ghost - No way, punk ;)

Mike D. said...

You out metaled yet another guy? I'm not so surprised.

Kris said...

Doesn't happen as often as it used to. I'm getting older and caring less. Le sigh.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...