Tuesday, August 30, 2011

One More Bottle Just To Wash The Cut Away

Sometimes I think I should rent out my dog.

Is that a bad thing?


It's just that, even though she is a complete nutbar for male attention (and is good at getting it), Daisy would be the perfect accessory for single guys everywhere. A little white dog with blue eyes who bats her lashes and wants to cuddle? Yeah. Chicks go bonkers for that crap. I see it every damn day.

It's easy. A guy could rent my little dog for an hour, take her for a walk, allow women pet and fawn over her, & then properly use the opportunity to get a number or snag a date. Simple, effective, awesome.

Not a bad side business, right?


Of course, there will always be the unwanted attention. Those who use the dog as an excuse to start a conversation, and then don't get the hint that you're not interested. I come across those a lot.

Yeah, yeah. I have a dog. You have a dog. Wow, we have so much in common and should absolutely get married and start an ant farm together. Meh.

But those are often easy to get away from. Like so:

Dude Without A Clue (DWAC): "Our dogs like each other a whole lot! Hey, we should walk together everyday! I'll pick you up at your house, what's your phone number?! "

Me: "Hmm... My dog doesn't like your dog's face up her ass, she may beat the crap out of him."

DWAC:  "Oh look, blue eyes on a Jack Russell! You sure don't see that everyday!"

Me: "Uh... Actually, I do." Awkwardly clear throat.

Slowly continue walking away, hoping DWAC won't follow.


That's just how it's done.

So... who's ready to Rent-A-Daisy?




14 comments:

Masuka said...

Or my personal favorite: DWAC: "Are those contacts?!?!?" me:"no that would be idiotic"

Or from a random German tourist upon seeing my German dog: "Does he speak German?!?" me: "no, he doesn't speak anything, he's a dog!"

Kris said...

Oh, the contacts comment. Yep. I've heard it. Or "How'd you get her eyes to turn that colour!?"

...really? Jesus.

Mike D. said...

I would love to rent her from you. I can only guess how effective she is.

Smelly Danielly said...

Hahaha! Best convo ever

Kris said...

D - I'll give ya a low rate!

Danielle - It still amazes me that some people are so dumb. :)

Z said...

I must try this as I need all the help I can get .. :)

screetus said...

I tried this once:

"Hey, your dog looks delicious!"

Needless to say, you can add that line to your "doesn't work" list.

Kris said...

Z - I'm almost surprised at the amount of guys interested in it. It works.

Screetus - I tell Daisy she looks delicious all the time. Then again, I have severe mental problems. Beer?

ghost said...

is daisy catching a kick back here?

Kris said...

Of course. With her cut, she'll be rollin' in doggie treats and spa days.

Anonymous said...

I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It's a
very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often.
Did you hire out a developer to create your theme?
Superb work!

Here is my web page ... diets that work fast

Anonymous said...

Keep on writing, great job!

Also visit my page; play roulette

Anonymous said...

I blog frequently and I genuinely appreciate your information.
This article has really peaked my interest. I am going to bookmark your blog and keep checking for new
information about once a week. I subscribed to your Feed too.


Feel free to surf to my web blog :: jump high to dunk

Anonymous said...

Please let me know if you're looking for a writer for your weblog. You have some really great posts and I think I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd love to write some material for your blog in exchange
for a link back to mine. Please shoot me an email
if interested. Many thanks!

Stop by my homepage workouts to increase vertical leap

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...