Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Don't Look In The Mirror At The Face You Don't Recognize

Burgers 'n beer.

Oh, how I love thee.


If you'll remember (you don't), I blogged awhile back about Grindhouse Burger Bar. The onion rings changed my life, and the burgers... aw, hell. I might go back right now.

Anyway. A bunch of us met up for some burger & beer time. You may recognize some of the rascals in question. And if ya don't, learn 'em up quick!


This is a picture of my Nate taking his first bite of meat in... what, two months? Three?

Worth it. He'll tell ya so himself.

He's a kickass photographartistguy. If I ask him nicely, maybe he'll do a burger photoshoot.


My favourite afternoon date partners. Love 'em. Best hugs in the city.


My sister and bro-in-law came out too, which was fun.

Brought about a bit of an Android v.s. iPhone conversation, which I'll get to shortly. Siri-ously.


Foodies. Likely sharing a foodie joke that us non-foodies don't get.

I can only assume it's not about Big Macs... Joel doesn't think Big Macs are a laughing matter.

I think Big Macs are a delicious matter, however.



Look! Nate and I have tongues! Imagine that.

Somehow I missed a picture of the lovely Jill and her supercute fiance. I'll be sure to rectify that next time.  Good times, burgerfreaks!

Now... onto the phone debacle.

My Blackberry has gone tits up, so to speak.  The Bell guy told me I'm due for an upgrade (yay), and I've been planning on going Android next. I just dig 'em. But, I'll admit, I'm not always the most knowledgeable chick when it comes to these damn cellular devices, so gimme your guidance if you must.

Teach me, phone Yodas.

16 comments:

justinbaisden.com said...

Do you have to replace your BB ASAP? If you can wait a month I'd recommend the newly unveiled Samsung Galaxy Prime (what an awful name) or Motorola RAZR. If you think Android might be a bit overwhelming, you really can't go wrong with an iPhone4S. I don't know what I'd do without mine.

Kris said...

The Nexus Prime or whatever it is? Yeah, I've heard good things about it. Might wait it out for that one, but I'm not too sure when it's out.

Tech said...

Went there once when I was in Toronto for work. Best I've had in the city.

I have an HTC that I love. Is that in the mix for you?

Kris said...

Haven't really considered HTC as much, but I do like the Samsungs.

Mike D. said...

Did you get another burger the size of your head again?

Kris said...

Not as big this time - I got a normal burger with different stuff on it. Cheddar, goat cheese, bacon, sauteed mushrooms, etc.... I'm hungry again.

Masuka said...

Why not go to the store and test out all the phones youre thinking of.. including the iphone.

Kris said...

Cuz I'm looking for opinions, too.

ghost said...

diners drive ins and dives should do a piece about your burger joint.

Kris said...

Ooh, I do like that show!

Anonymous said...

wtf are you doing with your tongue?

Kris said...

Folding it into three.

Alyson said...

iPhone IMO. I swear by 'em.

Kris said...

Yeah, I noctive that no iPhone owners dislike the iPhone. We Blackberry folks are different ;)

I'll play around with one and see.

Kris said...

Noctive. I just typed noctive. Meant notice.

.... oy.

Anonymous said...

At this time it looks like Wordpress is the preferred blogging platform available right
now. (from what I've read) Is that what you are using on your blog?

my website: acoustic guitar a chord

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...