Monday, October 3, 2011

Like Two Strangers Turning Into Dust

Do familiar songs in advertising campaigns work on you?

Lately there have been an abnormal amount of songs I actually like in commercials for things that I (usually) couldn't give a crap about. Hell, in most cases I couldn't even tell you what they're trying to sell - I just recall hearing a good tune on some random commercial.

One in particular is for Gears of War 3, a new game for Xbox. Along with scenes from the game, they play a Mazzy Star song that you wouldn't normally expect in this type of commercial. But man, does it ever get 'em stuck in my head forever - so much so that I'm back to listening to them on a regular basis. And yet... I won't be buying Gears of War (likely because I don't own an Xbox).

So what are they really selling here? Seems like they're just re-selling my Mazzy Star love right back to me. And hey, that's ok. It just so happens to be a song I like to sing.





On a completely unrelated topic, Masuka needs our help.

Y'see, he's about to have a baby boy. Yes, our resident pervert-friend is married and procreating. But, in usual Masuka form, he has questions that need answers. Since I always answer them on the video blogs, I've decided to throw this one at you guys & get your opinions about the male genitalia.... yep. It's a penis post.

His dilemma:

Dear kristen...
I have spawned. Since it is a boy, I'm getting lots of questions of circumcision. As a lady, what are your thoughts on snip snip? Do chicks care if there's a foreskin? As Masuka, I'd want my spawn to get ladies. There is a movement in the western world against circumcision, but i have also heard of girls refusing to "deal" with that.... what do you think i should do???


Comment away, monkeys. And be honest. I'll give the answers to my dear Masuka in a video blog later this week.


In the meantime, I now have to go sing loudly to some Mazzy tunes and stop the image of circumcisions from flashing before my damn eyes.

Ouch.

22 comments:

TC said...

honestly doesn't matter to me either way. If some broad doesn't want to "deal with that" then she's not much of a worthy broad anyway, you know?

Toni Two Point Ohh said...

Tearing the skin off a very sensitive portion of the baby's underdeveloped penis just so it's "easier to clean" is ridiculous to me. Men are born with foreskin for a reason, like protecting the glans from irritation and fecal material during infancy. This is especially important in our day and age, where baby's are given diapers.

The foreskin is also meant to accommodate an organ that grows in size and length. When the penis grow, the foreskin covers this portion of the shaft. I used to date a dude with a huge dick. He was uncircumcised, and when he would get hard his foreskin was hardly noticeable at all.

Foreskin, being the most sensitive part of the penis, will obviously contribute to the pleasure received. I don't understand why people would take something like that away.

You wouldn't cut into your female child's clitoris just to get rid of what people consider to be "unnecessary" skin.

The only arguments in favour of foreskin are old and incorrect, such as cutting off the foreskin to decrease masturbation or preventing cervical cancer. We know these to be untrue, but we still practice circumcision. Why? For aesthetics purposes?

I think it's a terrible practice, and the only good reason to go through with it is if you're practicing your religion, or preventing phimosis (which is CURABLE and only occurs in 1%-5% of males).

Essentially, you're unnecessarily mutilating your baby's underdeveloped and very sensitive penis for selfish and aesthetic reasons. Don't.

Kris said...

I knew this one would get some reactions, which is good. You're giving Masuka opinions AND facts.

(But essentially I have no doubt that his wife will decide for him.)

Mike D. said...

Instead of giving a penis comment can I request a video of you singing the song? She sings sort of deep like you did.

Still avoiding a penis comment.

Kris said...

If I make one, it's not likely that I'd post it mister!

Now you can comment about penises.

Masuka said...

Nothing pisses me off more than perfectly good songs being used to market some bullshit.. EG.. build me up buttercup--an awesome song.. now it sells breakfast from mcdonalds. pff.

As an aside, the wife has left it up to me what we do in that area. so :P to you.

Kris said...

Hahahaha... well no wonder you asked for assistance! Go read the comments on my Facebook for more input, sir.

Kurtys said...

I am Circumcised and if I have a boychild, he will be too. I have felt no trauma because of it. My sex life has been and is good. My junk is always clean. Having a foreskin is not something I dream about. In fact, I hear too many stories of people with foreskins having problems with ripping and tearing and developing fibroids and scar tissue that results in painful erections and trouble with sex. If it's all the same to you Masuka, snip, snip...

Justin Baisden said...

I learned about Mazzy Star because of that commercial.

Subscribed to your YouTube channel. You should vlog more.

No comment on the penis cutting. =/

Kris said...

Kurtys - Another side! Merci, sir :)

Justin - Heh. I plan to do more videos, I promise.

Anonymous said...

Snip to my loo.

Alyson said...

I prefer the snip, TBH.

Interestingly I know two men who have had to have their foreskins removed as little boys (i.e.: not babies) because their junk was too big and their foreskins could have led to infections. The more you know!

Kris said...

Looks to me like snip's winning, Masuka.

Footlong Freak said...

I've been told that uncircumcised dicks lack personality

Anonymous said...

My father is a doctor and circumcised. He did not have me snipped. Instead, he took it upon himself to teach me proper hygiene.Things tend to stink when you don't wash them well. It does retract for when you are relieving yourself and this is key.I've never had a problem aside from the odd zipper incident as a child but, you learn quick!
Most partners I've been with didn't even notice at first. It pretty much disappears once you're getting your groove on. I'm large and that's never been a problem.
It is said that the gland tends to be more sensitive because it's not in direct contact with clothes, etc on a regular basis.
For me, it's a non-issue. I wouldn't do it unless it was absolutely medically necessary.

Anonymous said...

My father is a doctor and circumcised. He did not have me snipped. Instead, he took it upon himself to teach me proper hygiene.Things tend to stink when you don't wash them well. It does retract for when you are relieving yourself and this is key.I've never had a problem aside from the odd zipper incident as a child but, you learn quick!
Most partners I've been with didn't even notice at first. It pretty much disappears once you're getting your groove on. I'm large and that's never been a problem.
It is said that the gland tends to be more sensitive because it's not in direct contact with clothes, etc on a regular basis.
For me, it's a non-issue. I wouldn't do it unless it was absolutely medically necessary.

Loose Moose said...

That's a cocky statement

Penis Genius said...

tee hee

PatZ said...

I'll just say this:

I had a totally awesome and witty comment typed up and ready that involved Honey Badgers, Snookie and circumcision and then your comment box ate it.

like pistachios. with no song in the ad.

Kris said...

That's upsetting. I wanna know what it was now.

ghost said...

oh mazzy. how i love you. and you, kris.

Kris said...

Back atcha, friend-o!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...