Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Crawling Down Your Spine To Make You Stay

We all know that I'm not vegan. There aren't many foods I won't eat, and my soft spot for Big Macs and over-curded poutine is well-documented.


Well, last night the awesome Steve and Sarah hosted a vegan night of taco-tasticness.... forever known as TACOFEST2011.

My first vegan meal ever (at least that I can recall.)


I've never had vegan cheese or vegan sour cream,  and the non-vegan versions of both are my favourite toppings for damn near everything.

This chick was pleasantly surprised. It was all tasty.


My sister has fooled me a few times in the past with faux meat (or whatever you prefer to call it), so I knew how that was.

And I hafta say - a vegan taco is probably a good place for a non-vegan to start.

 

When we weren't busy creating works of art for our stomachs to enjoy, there were dogs to obsess over.


Poor guys probably got sick of me trying to make them pose for photos all night.

I have a problem. How do you think Daisy feels?
 
 
 Sorry, buddy. No tacos for you.



Another first for me - vegan cupcakes.

These were amazing spicy chocolate cupcakes, made by Sherry. So damn good, the picture just makes me hungry again. 

 

Bit too much for ya, Steve? How 'bout another japaleno?


Taco tip - take breaks, eat more. Repeat.


 Remy was eyein' up the red salsa. Even I wasn't brave enough for that one.



Sarah made us all taco nametags, which we later used for a little game.

Similar to Pin the Tail on the Donkey. But not.


Selena Gomez made a brief appearance at TacoFest.

It's a little known fact that Selena is a big fan of vegan tacos. It's true. Ask Beiber.

 

She didn't stay up there long.

We pinned our taco nametags on her face.

I was trying to aim for some Gomez boob, but I sadly failed. No TacoTits.


Ira, are you ashamed of me for losing?


See?

She loves the taco action. And her boobs remain taco free.


Thumbs up for TacoFest!


TACOFEST2011, and my first real vegan experience, was a success. Huzzah!

Thanks for the good times, folks.

But a big 'no thank you' to whoever wished for this, though...


Snow.

Winter's here. And, to that, I say boo. BOO!


16 comments:

Aaron said...

You know what I have to say about vegan? RAWRWRAWRARARWRWRWRAWR! LMAOOOOZIE!

Kris said...

hahahaha LMAOOOOOOZIIIIE!

Oh man.

Mike D. said...

Woah. This surprises me.

Kris said...

Whyfore?

Masuka said...

You ate another girls taco.....

Anonymous said...

Vegan diets suck my ass! I knew a girl who tried to convert me and it sucked.......hard.

Big Mac or death!

Kris said...

Masuka - Shush, you.

Anon - "Vegan diets suck my ass" is an interesting sentence, really. Because I think sucking your ass would directly go against what a vegan diet is. And, for the record, I'm still not vegan. I just like food in general. Cuz it's tasty.

Masuka said...

tee-hee... taco.

Kris said...

You wonky monkey. :)

Mike D. said...

I thought you became vegan or something. That would surprise me alot. But nevermind I see that you didn't.

ghost said...

winter is here, too. its 65 degrees today.

and down here, everyday is taco day. just not of the vegan variety.

Kris said...

Mike - Sure didn't!

ghost - Now I want tacos again. Why are there none in my kitchen!?!?!

Anonymous said...

Beiber eats his own taco. It's greasy like Usher.

Kris said...

Odd.

Laura Okuno said...

Welcome to our site! Stunt Dirt Bike : Say hello to mother nature by cranking through some lumber piles. Get some extreme fun with our cool games to get your adrenaline. Bike Games, Motorbike Games, Bmx Games and other Dirt Bike Games Online. my free dirt bike games online motorcycle games play car truck games stunt bike games dirt bike 2 ,3 and 4, more flash online gamesWelcome to Play Motorbike Games.

Anonymous said...

Using your blog posts for the 'backbreaking deal' Victimisation your business
organization blog only as a instrument other day that I've just now passed my sixth natal day blogging.

My web-site click here
my web site > click here

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...