Thursday, December 8, 2011

I Sell Souls By The Side Of The Road, Would You Like To Take A Number?

The folks who do PR for Sobey's know that I'm always ready to blog about food. This time, it's all about perfect stuff for holiday get-togethers. Or... stuff that I wish to shove in my face at all times.

Which, in this case, meant mini cheesecakes that are covered in chocolate.


I have a weakness for cheesecake. I can't ignore it; it's stronger than I am.

So when I got these, it was a serious act of willpower to not eat all of them right off the bat.
 

Yes, I made myself quite proud. The pack lasted two days.

A record for me. WHERE IS MY REWARD?! Oh, right. Cheesecake.


They're meant to be shared, but I shared with no one.

I'm a selfish cheesecake-eatin' bitch. I know.

It's bad when even your dog is judging you. And she was. Trust me.


This is pretty much what it looks like when I'm talking to myself in my head.

"You can do this, you don't need to eat them all right now. But they ARE small... and freakin' delicious..."

Sigh.

Anyway, you can try 'em out for yourself. Along with the other Sensations by Compliments goodies that kick ass for the holidays.

Yer hostess gift/ surprise drop-in problems? Solved. Cuz I'm giving away a gift card to Sobey's.

Just comment on this post and tell me why you dig the holidays.


Speaking of holidays...  my mom came up to visit and we ventured to the Eaton's Centre with my sister. I never go there. I also tend to refrain from shopping because I'm horrible at it.

But these monster mall reindeer are kinda fun.


And look! This one's a girl. Good on ya, chick reindeer!

So don't forget to comment & win - I'm trying to make your holidays a bit easier, and possibly more cheesecake-full.

And now I'm hungry. Again.



30 comments:

Nick said...

I dig the holidays because fairies and elves are around and I don't have to watch Lord of the Rings to see them.

Used to be snow, but... *waves to surroundings*

Kris said...

It'll snow for ya! Really, it will.

TheJmoney said...

Cheesecake is gross.

*runs for cover*

Anonymous said...

Guess what Lad this is? I have given so much money to sobey's in the last ten years I think I deserve it.

Stu
P.s you look very scholarly when you talk to yourself!

Kris said...

Justin - you can't be serious!

Stu - Hahaha, that's me. Scholarly. ;)

I like cheese and cake said...

I've had those... Those are a VERY good time. I'm going to buy a pack when I'm shopping tonight. Curse you and your reminding me of amazing cheesecake goodness.

Kris said...

Buy me some, then!

justinbaisden.com said...

I'm not kidding. I can't stand the texture of Cheesecake. I typically give it a shot once every couple of years and every time I'm turned off.

Kris said...

Not to worry, dude - if anyone ever gives you cheesecake, you can send it my way!

RealSuperKeith said...

Eaton Centre - a zoo to end all zoos, but it is a microcosm of TO society - you see all kinds.

I'll be in NYC this w/e - which cheesecake joint should I check, hmmm

RealSuperKeith said...

NYC cheesecakes?

http://www.nyc10best.com/restaurants-and-food/nycs-10-best-new-york-cheesecakes/

or zeppole pastries at:

http://www.ledzeppolenyc.com/

Kris said...

All of 'em!!! And take pics.

Wil said...

My love for you is once again reaffirmed. I loves me some cheesecake my own damn self. Oddly one of my favs is the good ole Sara Lee French Cheesecake. So nice and creamy and good and shit. As for the holidays, not really into them, over.

Kris said...

Sara Lee cherry cheesecake is my favourite.

Mike D. said...

That doesn't really look like you. And I dig the holidays because I can overeat for days on end and it's allowed.

Kris said...

I look like a mom there, maybe that's why. and YES. Eating. My favourite.

Alyson said...

Now I need to track down those cheesecake treats. Omg.

Kris said...

I need to go buy more.

TC said...

Holidays are an excuse to gain weight, at least for me. What can I say, no willpower!

Joshua said...

I love the holidays for fruitcake, ornaments, my fam, the Fairy Tale of New York, Charlie Brown, Baileys in everything, cranberries, wii bowling with my brothers, bad scarves, ugly sweaters and an unusually high percentage of people that realize there's something worth smiling about in their life. Merry Christmas!

Kris said...

I agree to every single one of those answers.

Tristan Cuschieri said...

Distillers <3

Kris said...

Yes! Good boy :)

Anonymous said...

Moar??????

Kris said...

Tomorrow, donkey. Tomorrow.

Drew said...

OK I thought I had commented yesterday, I guess not! or maybe it disappeared!
Those Cheesecakes do look good, and how could one not want to try them? They're not covered in chocolate, they're enrobed in chocolate!
What don't I love about the holidays.
Friends, great holiday food, tasty beverages, decorations and just the magic in the air the closer we get to Christmas, most people are actually nice to one another! Well except if you're trying to find parking or you've been standing in line forever, then tensions begin to build. All in all though it's one of my favorite times of the year.

Kris said...

Good answer!

J. Reynolds said...

The Holidays...hmm, I guess your post about Cheesecake kinda jumpstarts my comment. (fun blog by the way). I used to visit my granmother and grandfather a lot when i was a kid, my grandmother used to make homemade Cheesecake. Its was off the charts good, I have yet to have as good in any Toronto restaurant or Bistro, not even close. She used a lot more base graham than most. Anyhow, cheesecake now eminds me of her. And Christmas was always the best for me because we didn't have much when we were young, so my grandmother would order stuff from the sears catalogue and wrap it up for us...awesome stuff. My grandparents made Chistmas fun for me and my sisters that way, and my mom made it seem like magic. So holidays for me, well they are a good time to remember those ...er...memories. Funny thing, my Grandma bought me a lot of gifts, but the best one was the recipe for that Cheesecake. I'll save a little thought for her this Christmas.

Kris said...

Hell of an answer. I may have gotten a bit emotional. DON'T JUDGE ME!

Anonymous said...

Lmao wtf u got me

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...