Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Without A Care In This Life, It's What You Take That Makes It Right

Some weeks, the ol' rambling blog has a food theme. This is one of those weeks. But the other theme right now? Contests. Yessir.

The Sobey's contest from last week is still going (you have til Friday to enter), but today... oh man. Today I'm gonna tell you about a little place that has such magical creations, it's enough to make a hungry chick like me tear up a bit due to sheer joy.


Ricky's Big Scoop is, because of the name, known for ice cream and ice cream cakes. But it should probably be called Ricky's Place of Food Awesomeness & Other Superfun Things because he's also got poutine (including an onion ring poutine... seriously), sammiches, award-winning chilli, chowders, fresh-baked bread, brownies, cookies (sometimes with bacon in 'em. Ah, bacon.)

Ugh. He needs a Toronto location, just for me. Beside my house, maybe. He's located in Niagara - I know a lot of you folks are from there, or visit a lot, so here's a contest just for you. Ya ready?

To win a gift card to Ricky's Big Scoop, plus a t-shirt to remind you of the deliciousness, here's how ya enter:

1. 'Like" Ricky's Big Scoop on Facebook, then mention on your status (making sure Facebook links it to the page): Hey @RickysBigScoop - I'm hungry! I wanna win your contest from ShambledRamblings.com.

or

2. Follow RickysBigScoop on Twitter, and tweet: Hey @ShambledRambler - I'm hungry! I wanna win the @RickysBigScoop contest!

Do both, and you're entered twice. Simple, oui? Oui. ( edit: Because apparently some people don't have Facebook or Twitter, you're allowed to enter by commenting on the blog post. Just let us know why you should win, and what you're excited to eat.)

Aaaand if you don't win, it's ok. Really. Because he'll still give you 25% off of your first visit, as long as you mention Shambled Ramblings or The MediaHaus.

BAM!



So ho ho ho, hosers. Eat & be merry. (If you win... get me a poutine. Ok?)



Rainbow powers - activate! Form of... delicious contest.

G'luck!



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Onion ring poutine????????????

Kris said...

Yep. Two of my favourite things. Together at last.

Mike D. said...

I want to win this! But I don't have twitter or facebook.

Kris said...

Psh. Not my fault that you're a weirdo!

Mike D. said...

Can we comment to enter as well then?

Kris said...

Hmm. I guess so. I'll edit the post - for those those aren't on Facebook or Twitter you can comment and tell us why you want to win the contest, and what you're going to try.

Ok?

ghost said...

do you have to have a wonder twin to acivate the rainbow powers? if so, i'll volunteer to be your twin.

Aaron said...

Now why didn't *I* think of onion ring poutine? Good thing it's not Aaron's Big Scoop!

Kris said...

ghost - You can be my twin any day, dude!

Aaron - I'm kinda surprised neither of us ever thought of onion ring poutine. We've both failed! So let's go eat some...

Mike D. said...

oh awesome. Ok, consider this my entry. I want to win because I wanna to try that onion ring poutine and the chili. So that answers both questions.

Kris said...

You're in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...