Monday, February 20, 2012

I Ain't Guilty Of The Crimes You Accuse Me Of, But I'm Guilty Of Fear

Yesterday, Dave (an awesome blog reader) emailed me to let me know that someone on Plentyoffish was using old photos of me as their profile pictures on the dating site.

Expecting the worst, I checked it out. Luckily it wasn't anyone using my pics to slander me or make me look bad, but still - trying to pass my photos off as your own? Creepy.

"She" (assuming the person is actually female), used these two pics of me:




... and also a photo of some random dog that, luckily, was not one of mine.

I contacted POF right away and asked them to take it down, and then some awesome friends stepped in and did the same. After awhile, the profile was taken down. Whether by POF or the person themselves, I do not know.

While it's easy for me to joke and say that this person is likely a 400 pound middle-aged man pretending to be a twenty-something chick, it's unlikely. The rest of the profile was normal - it said she was happy-go-lucky, 5 foot 4, a Customer Service rep, sick of bad dates, looking for love and from Winnipeg.

So if this "happy-go-lucky" chick is someone that reads my blog, I gotta know... why the hell would you use my pictures as your own? And what would happen if you actually landed a date?

Someone please explain the thought process to me, because I just don't get it. It's sad. And fairly disturbing.

But hey... if you really need to use my (very) old pictures, here's a special one just for you:


Good luck with the fake dating.

I hope you find someone who falls in love with you - I mean... me.




26 comments:

Nick said...

The red-eye in that last pic really drives home the point. ;)

Kris said...

I'm somehow incapable of taking pics without red-eye. I must be the devil.

Anonymous said...

Holy shit Kris!

Vernon said...

That's hot!~

Vernon said...

The last photo, that is.

Kris said...

It's pretty old.

Vernon said...

Pure attitude with the T to go with!

Kris said...

I have my bitchy ways.

Dave said...

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water....da-duh, da-duh, da-duh

I want permission to use this one blog post in my book!

Incidentally, I have another POF story about an ex-roommate of mine that, both sadly and ironically, eclipses your unfortunate situation by ten fold:)

Cheers on reclaiming your images!

Dave

Phronk said...

Creepy! They could've at least photoshopped your head onto their own body.

But really, I don't see the point of that. Maybe it's part of some elaborate scam to lure people into sending money, and your pictures are the bait. Which is even more creepy.

justinbaisden.com said...

Holy shit you're actually tan in that last photo. You look hot as fuck.

LOL fake dating.

Kris said...

Why wouldn't I be tan? It was summer. I'm always tan in the summer.

Dana said...

I wonder why they didn't use pictures of you with black hair, they would get more responses.

Kris said...

Might be an old account, not too sure.

Anonymous said...

They'll likely set up a date, then shank and rob the dude.

Kris said...

Well that's just a normal date for me.

Tristan said...

Kris, what is best in life?

To crush your impersonators, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!

(maybe not so much the third one, though)

Kris said...

Huzzah!

Mike D. said...

That is pretty creepy, Kris. Is it illegal? Can you found out who did it?

Kris said...

I'm not entirely sure, either way. But some people are looking into it.

tony said...

normally i prefer brunettes, but you are one of the rare exceptions who looks hot with either flavor. cant wait to see shocking pink!

Kris said...

Oh, my Tony. No pink! How 'bout blue?

Anonymous said...

This is really interesting, You're a very skilled blogger. I have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your wonderful post. Also, I have shared your web site in my social networks!

Here is my website ... facebookofsex

Anonymous said...

I have discovered that clever real estate agents everywhere you
go are starting to warm up to FSBO Advertising and marketing.
They are seeing that it's more than just placing a sign post in the front area. It's really
regarding building connections with these sellers who someday will
become customers. So, you give your time and efforts to supporting these retailers go it
alone - the "Law involving Reciprocity" kicks in. Thanks for your blog post.


Feel free to visit my web page ... hornymatches

Anonymous said...

very good put up, i actually love this web site, carry on it

Feel free to visit my weblog ... free adult dating sites

pink said...

I know Corey Bennett

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...