Friday, February 17, 2012

I Didn't Know That I Loved Her Til They Began To Let Her Down

Maybe most people don't know it, but I'm a fan of tattoos. On men, women, imaginary friends...

The right ones on the right people can be amazing. (That said, I also prefer some people without 'em.)

But, to answer what I can only assume you're asking, no... I don't have any tattoos. Yet. I can't decide on anything that I know I'll still love when I'm old and wrinkled. A few ideas have come and gone, but I haven't taken the permanent leap yet.

I'll tattoo yer name on my bitchy, bitchy forehead.

For now, I think I'd like something fairly small. I'd love to get one of those gorgeous sleeves/ half-sleeves that some women have, but I doubt I ever will.

So, my creative and magical blog readerfriendpeople... I look to you. Gimme ideas.

What should I get, and where should I get it? And what ink have you got?

15 comments:

PatZ said...

don't have any, needles are the Devil's work.

That being said.

Samurai Pizza Cats.

Cannot go wrong.

Kris said...

I totally forgot about them.

Nick said...

I've got none. And something like this is so personal...

Always thought Pam Anderson's little barbed-wire thing was kinda cool.

If I got anything myself, it would probably be pretty small, maybe something only my SO would see regularly.

Bill said...

I don't know what tattoo you like but Tattoo is a great new Van Halen song, get out and by the CD #shamlessplug

Kris said...

Nick - Yeah, I was just saying that I might get a small Daisy somewhere. Could be cute, and means something.

Bill - Hahaha, you are obsessed!

Masuka said...

No tattoos for you. Why mess with perfection?

screetus said...

You know what we don't see enough of are people with spiderweb tattoos all across their face.

You should come with me to the next roller derby bout -- some of the players have amazing tattoos. My favorite is on a player's left shoulder of rapunzel in her castle. Only she's dead.

RealSuperKeith said...

Whatever you do please don't get one when you're wasted. No good can come of that. Also, you can refer to this as examples of what NOT to get -> http://tinyurl.com/7zrhrl7

Kris said...

Masuka - You damn charmer.

screetus - Did I tell you that my cousin is part of the team they're starting in Niagara????

Super Keith - Oh my god... maybe my dad was right, maybe I don't need one!

Anonymous said...

This photo haunts me. Get that tattood.

Kris said...

Yeah, sorry. I sometimes resemble a ghost. Or maybe a witch.

Keir said...

I have a bass clef tattoed on my left shoulder blade. It's not that big and it's the only thing I can imagine being inked with that won't be dumb and/or embarrassing when I'm 75.

Think about it for a while before you do it. It pays off that way. My mom got a dragonfly tattoo on her ankle at age 53. "It was high time," she said.

Kris said...

I love that your mom got one at 53.

Keir said...

It was cute. The tattoo artist asked her "are you sure? Really really sure?" She just gave him the mom look and he got to work.

Kris said...

Guess it really is never too late to get one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...