Friday, March 9, 2012

Secrets In Her Lipstick Mouth

Being a (usually/mostly) single chick for the past couple of years means that many people like to ask a lot of the same questions regarding my relationships and non-relationships.

Aside from Do you have a new boyfriend yet?, Do you have a new boyfriend yet?, Why don't you have a new boyfriend yet?, and You should meet my friend Steve - I showed him your blog and we've decided he's perfect for you, there are questions like:

What are you actually looking for in a guy this time?

and

What would you want him to know about you?

Beware, because I'm about to give you some reading material. Prepare to click 'n learn.


Back in 2010 I wrote this blog post that went over a few important things that I need in any guy I seriously date. And re-reading it now, it still rings true. So I stand by them.

But as for myself... I also wrote another blog post over at my lesser-known, lesser-posted-on blog that I tend to forget about. This one particular post explained my stupid faults, but also my strengths and how I'm not going to apologize for being who I am.

That one needs to be updated. So this will have to suffice.

The jealousy and insecurity issues I talk about can more or less be deleted. Shit has changed; I don't consider that a problem anymore. I'm nowhere near as insecure as I was years ago, and I would like to praise the Lord of Chickdom for that.

I am who I am, I am what I am, and I look the way I look. If you don't like any of it, that is definitely ok. I promise. I'm the only one who has to. At this point in my life, I'm pretty goshdarn happy with me. And trust me... it took a long time for that to be the truth.

And so, there you have it. My two dating lists, now fully updated and packed with useless info for your (not-so) curious pleasure. Tell your friends, or take note yourself. You may be one of my secrets.

Happy weekending!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...