Monday, April 9, 2012

And Wanting You To Reach Out From The Dark, To Wake Up From The Cold

Reliability has always been a hugely important thing to me.

In the past few years it has become even more important, especially when it comes to the people I choose to spend my time with. I've realized more and more that I simply cannot hold onto those who continually let me down, or are unreliable. So I've done some purging. Friend purging, as it were.

I'ma purge ya.
Learning that the people you've always been there for are actually "fair-weather friends" can be a disappointing wake-up call. You're there when they  need you - when you need them, they're not around. Ever. They ditch you. Stand you up. Never come through when they say they will. Y'know... they suck.

So, to those people who fit this description, I stopped bothering. They've been downgraded from "close friend" to acquaintance, likely without even realizing it. This blog post won't even ring any bells to them because they won't be reading it.

Chick's best friend.
I have close friends that I rarely talk to, some I haven't seen in a very, very long time due to distance or circumstance. But I know that no matter what, they're my friends. Because real friends are real friends. So simple, it's almost stupid.

The important things are important.
So let's call this post a shout-out to my awesome friends, no matter where they are. I appreciate the hell outta ya.

And to those who have been downgraded... not a huge loss, right? Right.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does your website have a contact page? I'm having problems locating it but, I'd like to shoot you an
e-mail. I've got some recommendations for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it improve over time.

My homepage :: diets that work
Also see my page > diet that works

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...