Friday, April 13, 2012

Let's Go Dancing On The Backs Of The Bruised

Another Formspring question from Justin. Cuz I said so.

Your blog is being dumb and won't let me comment so I'll ask here. How many band shirts do you own and which one is your favourite?

My blog does indeed fail to live up to normal standards of intelligence, yes. But what it lacks in brainpower, it more than makes up for in... um... beer references? Ah, nevermind.

Band tshirts. Yes. I've done a couple of posts about my band tshirts when people randomly asked before (like this awkward post from 2008), but I've unearthed more long-forgotten shirts so I'd say your question is pretty timely.

Just a few of 'em, looking washed-out...

I don't know exactly how many I have. I think it's around 17 or 18 at the moment. Haven't bought any in a long time, but somehow random ones keep falling into my music-lovin' lap. I'm like the Goodwill dropbox for band shirts.

My favourite? Maybe my Alice in Chains one. It took me forever to find one in a chick size, and it's now all faded and sad. But I still love it. Also, my super old Red Hot Chilli Peppers shirt (originally my sister's), because I loved that logo. It, too, is completely falling apart. In an odd way, it's like losing a friend I've had for 25 years.

Speaking of bands (awesome segue!), don't forget that tonight I'm gonna be at Velvet Underground with Bob spinning some of the luvverly bands on my tshirts. It's gonna be a damn good night. All the info is here.




See ya tonight!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...