Monday, April 23, 2012

The Lovers, The Dreamers, & Me

Finally watched the latest Muppet movie over the weekend. Considering my love for Jason Segel and all things Muppets (it's a must in my family), I'm surprised it took me so long.


Kermit did not disappoint. And, of course, they included one thing that turns me into a blubbering idiot.

The Rainbow Connection.

I can't listen to this song without, at the very least, tearing up slightly. In the past, musician friends have played it for me just to see me freak out and turn into a mess. It never fails.

If you don't know the song, please... rectify that. Everyone needs to. It's some kinda magic.


And to continue along with awesome tunes, here's another one you need to hear.

It's no secret that I'm proud of all the ass-kicking talent that comes out of the Niagara region (in case you didn't know, that's where this chick was born 'n bred). This particular band absolutely blew me away the first time I ever saw them at the Mansion House in St. Catharines. You've gotta go see 'em live and hear her voice in person - it rivals any of the classic rock hard-hitters that have always been my favourite.

And hell... Nick (the guitarist) and I have the same girlfriend. I learned to share in kindergarten, so he's lucky. For now.

Serena Pryne & The Mandevilles - if you have the chance to see them, you must:



For those of you that, for some reason, seem to give a shit about what music I'm listening to, I post a Song o' The Day over on my business' Twitter account: twitter.com/TheMediaHaus.

Who am I kidding... I also post random videos on my other twitter account as well, so follow the batshittery if yer into that: twitter.com/ShambledRambler

Hope you don't have a case of the Mondays. But did you finish your TPS report?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...