Monday, May 7, 2012

Find Me Sittin' By Myself, No Excuses That I Know

When I came online this morning, I planned to write some kind of general music-related post as I do. But a quick check to my Formsping changed my mind. This question was waiting there for me:

'With all your posts and tweets about loving beer do you ever worry that people will think you have a drinking problem?'

Until this question, no. I never really worried about that.

Yeah, I like Cinquante. So?
You're absolutely right. I post a lot about beer, I tweet a lot about beer, I talk a lot about beer. It's no secret - I love beer. We're close friends. But this kinda love is all about moderation. If I've given some type of false impression that I'm drunk every day, then I apologize.

Actually, no... apologize is the wrong word. I have absolutely nothing to apologize for.

I like rye too... alert the police.
Drinking issues aren't a joke to me, and they shouldn't be to anyone else. I've known a few people in my life with alcohol problems (whether they admit them or not), and dealing with those consequences has been enough to keep myself in check. I don't sit in my apartment every night, drinking alone. If I ever do, I may randomly have one beer on the couch after a particularly taxing day. When I go out, yup - I drink beer. And I enjoy it. But again, it doesn't mean that I'm shit-faced every night or need to drink to get through a day. That could not be further from the truth.

Having a few beers sometimes doesn't make me a monster, nor does it make me an alcoholic.

So, no. I don't worry that people will think I have a drinking problem. And I also don't worry that my constant talk of Big Macs and poutine will cause anyone to worry that I'm obese. Those are very real things to those who suffer from them.

I'm just a regular chick who likes regular things.

Just friends.

I do love beer... but I give it space, so it can love me back.

And this is why we have a healthy relationship.

Cheers!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...