Friday, July 6, 2012

This Mind, This Body, & This Voice Cannot Be Stifled By Your Deviant Ways

On Wednesday night, I finally got to see my girlcrush Fiona Apple.


Don't let this calm face fool ya, I was ready to get full-on fangirl for Fiona. Had been looking forward to it for awhile.




But... it almost didn't happen. My plans just about blew up in my face (which, let's be honest, is nothing new.)


I had plans to meet my ol' Proud FM grasshopper, Chris, at 5pm. Problem was, my phone is non-functioning at the moment. No texts, calls, or data. Nuthin'.

TTC issues a-plenty due to construction and random short-turning cars. So I was 20 minutes late to the corner we had agreed to meet at. And so, I waited... and waited... and waited. No Chris. No Fiona tickets. No good.


Because of the aforementioned non-functioning phone, I headed into a McDonalds to use their wifi. Even bought a drink because I'm a good girl. But, for some reason, it didn't work.

Awesome.


With no way to get a hold of my friend (and no tickets to the show), I was about to head home after waiting forever on a street corner and starting to look like it was where I worked.

Instead, I hoofed it to my sister's house to use her phone.

Because I am SMRT.


As it turned out, I wasn't the only late one.

My concert partner forgot the tickets at home and had to turn back, then couldn't find me when he got to our meeting place, henceforth known as "Kris' Korner". So, to the Sound Academy I went... glad I didn't go home. Cuz Fiona was awesome.



Yup, I just bored you with an anecdote about how I almost missed a show that I obviously went to, since all these photos are of that show.

Surprise endings are for suckers and the elderly.



The moral of the entire story is that Fiona Apple is amazing and my girlcrush still reigns after seeing this crazy chick live.

She enjoys floor dancing and making weird movements to music. So do I.



I have to say, I'm also in love with her band. Instead of singing along loudly to every song like I usually would, I kept pretty quiet so I could hear every part.

Being right up at the front didn't hurt either.


She played the hits, she played a bunch of her new songs, and because she had a full band things got heavy at times. A little rock and/or roll.

Fiona is quirky as hell, and was either standing completely straight while singing, or dancing around wildly to the instrumental ends of her tunes. She said all of three words the entire show, but giggled a lot to the roadies and band members.

Weird girls. I truly love them.


I was honestly mesmerized and dorky.



And yeah.... there was a lot of that, too. Forget sunshine, lollipops and rainbows - they're overrated.

Well-worded anger and heartache is where it's at. 


So angst on, girly. Angst the hell on.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know
a few of the images aren't loading correctly. I'm not sure why but
I think its a linking issue. I've tried it in two different browsers and both show the same outcome.
Visit my web page :: cocinas modernas

Anonymous said...

Hello, the whole thing is going nicely here and ofcourse every one is sharing facts, that's genuinely excellent, keep up writing.
Also visit my website :: bacalaos

Anonymous said...

I am no longer certain where you are getting your information,
however great topic. I must spend a while learning much more
or understanding more. Thanks for great info I was on the lookout for this info for my
mission.
Also visit my site :: vuelos a bangkok

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...