Friday, September 7, 2012

Burns Like A Red Coal Carpet, Mad Bull Lost Its Way

Everyone always says they're music lovers.

It's rare to hear that someone dislikes music in general. (And if they do, you should probably avoid them because they're obviously an evil cyborg, sent to destroy you and steal your Archie comics.)


I'm like everyone else. And for me, it's a strange love.

Beyond a normal obsession, music as a whole has the power to break me down and build me up. Transport me to past times, or keep me hyper-aware of my present.

To be blunt, it is just fucking amazing.


There was a long period of time where I had to avoid all my favourite songs and artists because everything brought me to a bad place. It took awhile before I was ready to consume and obsess like I used to.

But I do again. This year, it came back with a fury that I so desperately needed.

I am now constantly immersed and surrounded. Old favourites, new loves, and the presence of talented musicians have me in awe a bit. In a way, it's bittersweet - I wish I had the discipline and talent to learn every instrument available to me.


But since I don't, at least not at the moment, I am happily taking in the ability to be a fly on the wall to those who are musically blessed.

Who have the passion that I understand, with the ability to do something with it.


I'm lucky to know so many of these people. And lucky to have the kind of obsession that is considered a positive one. My tastes are both very specific, yet very eclectic - and somehow that's welcomed.

And, hey... maybe one day I'll master a few instruments and subject your ears my own brand of noise.


But til then? I'm happy to dance around and sing along to yours.

So, to all the music-making people, everywhere and anywhere - thanks. We dig what you do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have read some good stuff here. Definitely value bookmarking
for revisiting. I surprise how much attempt you
set to create one of these fantastic informative web site.

Look into my homepage: airplane landing games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...