Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Everything I Love Gets Lost In Drawers

As everyone knows, I'm a huge proponent of rescuing dogs. Daisy is a rescue, Jack is a rescue, and any dog I have in the future will be a rescue. If I had the time, space, and money, I'd rescue every dog that needed it - some of the stories I come across absolutely break my heart.

But since I don't have the means to take them all in, the second best thing is to spread the word.


Pedigree launched the fifth annual Pedigree Adoption Drive last month (along with Shawn Desman), to help shelter animals find good homes. The campaign will donate a portion of proceeds from specially-marked bags to 30 Canadian dog shelters.

Added to that, they've given me information on one of the shelter dogs to spread the word and hopefully help find this little guy a new home.

So meet Banger, a sweet boy from Edmonton :

Adopt me!

Name: Banger
Breed: Border Collie / Labrador Retriever mix
Age: 3
Location:  Edmonton Humane Society
Contact:
Shawna Randolph
136210-163 St. NW
Edmonton, Alberta
780-491-3500

Banger’s Story:
Banger is a neutered 3 year old male Border Collie mix who sadly was surrendered to the Edmonton Humane Society's animal shelter on September 3rd when his former owners could no longer afford to care for him anymore.  Banger thinks everything is fun, interesting and meant for play.  Life with him will keep his new owners constantly on their toes.   He is very clever and knows how to sit, lay down, fetch, stay, come, and shake either paw!  Banger loves to play fetch and will chase and retrieve a ball for a long time. He will need an active home that has family members who can spend a lot of time playing with him and teaching him new tricks.  Banger is a little overweight and will need a strict diet and daily exercise to help get back to a healthy weight.

If you are interested in getting more information on Banger, please contact the Edmonton Humane Society at 780-491-3500.


Another one I'd adopt if I could.

If you or someone you know adopts through this program, I'd love to hear about it.

Please spread the word & help find Banger and other dogs new, loving homes.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...