Friday, October 19, 2012

You Got Sick Of The Patterns, & I Got Lost In This Song

Curently in Niagara -  visiting the folks, getting my hair done, & going to the wedding of two friends. And working. Lots of working.
 

As is my luck, my laptop crashed as soon as I got here. Not so good for the amount of work I needed to do, but luckily my dad is some kinda genius and managed to fix it. So huzzah! I'm back. Which is good, cuz I've got something fun for you guys.

The Heart & Stroke Foundation is attempting to break the Guinness World Record for most people trained in CPR. To do this, they're holding an event at Canada's Wonderland's Halloween Haunt on October 25th. Everyone who participates in the 30 minute training session gets access to all the rides at the Haunt. Entry is $14.99 (so, 60% off of a regular ticket to the Halloween Haunt), and you get to help break a record and go on some rides. Not too shabby, right? To be part of it, purchase your tickets here.

Now we all know I'm a huge chickenshit, scared of zombies and pretty much everything else, but here's the HSF's latest viral PSA, using zombies to get their message across:


And just  because they're awesome, they've given me two tickets to give away to one of my bloggy blog readers. Wanna win?

All you have to do is get on the ol' Twittermachine and tweet: I want @ShambledRambler to get me to the Halloween Haunt - to learn to save lives, then get on some rides!

But if you're not on Twitter, you can comment below and let me know the one thing that you're most scared of (yes, I want you to make me feel better about my infinite fears. So?).

For two entries to the contest, do both!

Good luck from me and my Zombie Dogs.


And speaking of Halloween related things... you also have a party to attend:

A Nightmare on Queen St.


All the info is here. Costumes contests, prizes, drink swag.... I'll see you there.


6 comments:

TJ said...

Hey Hey,
I won't be able to make the haunt but I'm going to tell you what I'm most afraid of...choking.
You know that feeling when something has slipped down the wrong way/got lodged/won't move/wrong tube and you get all panicky? I hate that. I'm scared of that.

I'm also scared that someone will find out I'm getting free cable and cut it off.
Have Fun Rambly.

Kris Goetz said...

I hear ya on the choking. And don't worry... I won't tell anyone about your cable. ;)

Mike D. said...

I'm not on Twitter, because I'm scared of it. That counts as an entry, right?

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered creating an ebook or guest authoring on
other websites? I have a blog centered on the same subjects you discuss and would love to have you share some stories/information.
I know my audience would appreciate your work. If
you're even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an email.

my web-site ... best acne treatment products

Anonymous said...

Hmm it seems like your blog ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I
guess I'll just sum it up what I had written and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.

I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any helpful hints for beginner blog writers? I'd genuinely appreciate it.


Also visit my web site: acne cures

Anonymous said...

My coder is trying to convince me to move to .
net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses.
But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using WordPress on a variety of websites for about a year and am concerned about switching to another
platform. I have heard good things about blogengine.net.
Is there a way I can transfer all my wordpress content into it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Check out my website: juicing wheatgrass

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...