Tuesday, November 6, 2012

And Wanting You To Reach Up From The Dark, To Wake Up From The Cold

It's not exactly a secret that I've never cared much about healthy eating - I only cared about eating in general.

There are years of blog posts on this site that fondly mention my love of over-curded poutine, the constant addiction to Big Macs, a meaningful affair with anything deep fried, and nightly Fat Girl Platters.


 Well, that hasn't changed. Not exactly.

But with Mike's influence, as a healthy eater and someone who cooks (yes, both of those things are insane), I've added new words to my food vocabulary. Kale. Quinoa. Chickpeas. Turkey bacon. And the worst one -  Vegetables. I was always certain it was a foreign word for "evil mouth poison", but apparently I was wrong.


So now that I have some healthier things to balance out my deep fried needs, I start thinking more and more about how what we eat affects us. I've had misdiagnosed stomach issues for about a bajillion years now, and it causes me to analyze every bite: "Will this make me sick? Ooh, how about this?" And I never have the right answer.

Armed with the knowledge that Miss Saturated Fats (me) can, albeit begrudgingly at times, welcome vegetables and superfoods into her diet, I wonder about other changes that may finally cure the stomach problems that have plagued me forever.

People are going gluten free, lactose free, sugar free, etc. all over the place - have you? What steps did you take, and how could the process be made easier? And how do you feel now?

I may or may not be willing to subract some things from my diet. If you know me, that's kinda huge (Big Mac sized, even.).



But for the sake of functionality... not coffee. Never coffee.


10 comments:

Christine Pantazis said...

My other half says: "Salad is not food. Salad is what food eats.

Kris Goetz said...

It's true! I mostly ate salads with fatty stuff in it... cheese, creamy dressings, bacon. and now i'm hungry.

Kris Goetz said...

I still don't love couscous. But which stuff do you mean that you'll never touch?

Mike D. said...

Do you put cream or sugar in your coffee?

Kris Goetz said...

Milk and sugar. Cream only when I get it elsewhere.

patzaph said...

Turkey bacon.... You just killed a little part of me. I hope that guilts you into going back to regular bacon.

Kris Goetz said...

I never gave up regular bacon, silly.

Nick S said...

Kale! I'm all for health, but seriously, I'll just have a salad.

Kris Goetz said...

Ohh... but dude, kale chips are like the junk food of vegetables. They are so good. I'd never lie to ya!

Nick S said...

I actually like those veggie chips you can buy from Bulk Barn (my favourite place on Earth, screw Disneyworld) - so yum. Yes Virginia, veggies can be bad for you! (at least I assume they're bad) :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...