Tuesday, December 18, 2012

And The Vision That Was Planted In My Brain Still Remains

Christmas is in one week.

Excuse me while I repeat that sentence to myself, as I'm not entirely sure I'm convinced.


Most of my life, I've been Christmas obsessed - nutbar crazy at this time of year. Lists, decorations, countdowns, etc, etc... but some years the proverbial "Christmas Spirit" evades me.

This has kinda been one of those years.

So this past weekend, I grabbed a partner-in-crime & did what I could to try to get Christmas-ified.Some of my methods may be different from the norm, but I'm sure you're not surprised.


Guitar stores may not be technically holiday-related, but they bring joy.

Oh yes, they do.

Some of the guitars were downright festive.


And at The Indie Alehouse, there were ten beers a-beerin', and not a single partridge in any pear trees.

Santa wishes for me to drink delicious beer.


But Sunday was the most  traditionally Christmas-y... we went to the Christmas Market in the Distillery District for the first time ever.

That did it.

The lights, the singing, the smells, the food - I was officially in Christmas mode.


I loved it.

And after that, the only thing left to do was to make Christmas Rice Krispies Squares (that I maybe kinda sorta already demolished).


So maybe this year it was harder to get into the season - I'm in it now, and looking forward to it.

And after Christmas, another new year is starting. I'm not one for resolutions, but I know that I want to do more. Try new things. Be an idiot, have fun, be less scared. Already looking forward to a few of my plans, like being a Sambassador for Samba Days (which aligns perfectly with my wish to have new experiences), and kicking The MediaHaus into high gear.

There are things in the works, all around.


Stay tuned.

And Happy Holidays from your favourite Shambled Power Ranger.





4 comments:

Alyson Shane said...

Happy holidays (in advance) to you, one of my favourite ladybloggers!

Kris Goetz said...

Back atcha, girly! Hope you have a great one!

patzaph said...

Is that a Gretsch or a Gibson? If it's the Gretsch, it yours. If it's the Gibson... DIBSDIBSDIBSDIBSDIBS.

Kris Goetz said...

That one would be the Gretsch. And it was beautiful.


If you're ever in Toronto, I'll take you to this particular guitar store. Best one I've ever been in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...