Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Find Dodge & Then Get Out Of It

I've known Debbie for the better part of a decade, since we first worked together in an office we'd both rather forget about.

She recently started making jewellery and selling it online. Now I'm not being biased because Debbie kicks ass, but her stuff is great. And so she sent me a pair of earrings she knew I'd like.

When the package came in, the envelope was torn and placed inside of a plastic post office bag. This is all that was in it:


A bag for the earrings.

A note saying  that she thinks the earrings will look great with my hair.

But no earrings.

Someone tore the envelope and swiped them.  Because people are awesome.


So she sent another pair (thanks Deb!), and these ones came in juuuust fine. They're so pretty, and she's right - they work well with my hair.

My only problem was that I couldn't take a photo with them on me that really showed their colour correctly. I'm a horrible photographer. I tried, multiple times. Different light sources, different angles. And these photos just don't do the earrings justice.

Case in point:


Nope.


Nah, not there either.

So then I put them up against the whitest thing I own - Daisy.


She wasn't overly thrilled. And still, it's not doing the gorgeous colour justice.

If you want to see more of Debbie's jewellery, check out the photos on her Facebook page, or head right to her Etsy page. She has some fantastic one-of-a-kind pieces, and I'm a huge fan of people doing what they really dig.

(We've come a long way from that damn office, Deb.)



7 comments:

Nick S said...

I can imagine the glory.

Kris Goetz said...

Which glory? Doing what ya dig? Yeah. Like if I was a professional Big Mac eater. THAT'S glory.

Deb said...

Thanks Kristen. Those were the days weren't they? Remember when the SWAT team arrived to break up the chick fight just as we were trying to take the elevator??? Oh... good times!

Kris Goetz said...

No! I don't remember that! It might've happened before I started working there. There was always a whole mess of crazy stuff going on, that's for sure. Haha, memories...

Nick S said...

Well sure, but I meant of how the earrings are supposed to look.

Anonymous said...

все нуждаться, хорошие старые тем боле [url=http://tutledy.ru/raznoglasiya-s-muzhchinoy/75-pochemu-muzhchina-ne-zvonit.html]почему мужчина не звонит[/url]

Anonymous said...

Right here is the right website for everyone who really wants to find out about this
topic. You understand so much its almost tough to
argue with you (not that I personally would want to…HaHa).

You certainly put a fresh spin on a topic which has been discussed for many years.

Great stuff, just wonderful!

my site: presenting quinn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...