Thursday, January 24, 2013

If That Mean Old City Gets You Down, I'll Be Around

I've been writing again. Sort of.

And by writing, I mean for myself. Not for the job, or a client. Just me.

Writing in an old diary I've had since I was 8. Rarely used, yet packed full of memories of things better forgotten. I was a sad little kid. Confused little adult. But the diary has served its purpose through these 11 years, and is somewhat serving it again. I never have to worry about anyone going through it and learning how nuts I am, because no one can read my handwriting. Score one for the lefties.

I'm also writing songs again, this time using my extremely limited guitar abilities. Will anyone ever hear them? Not likely. But Daisy is a pretty good audience member. I also keep bugging a hometown friend of mine to move to Toronto and start a band with me, since every band should have at least one actual musician. He wants to name it "As Good As It Goetz". Instead, I've dubbed it "Go Folk Yourself".

It will never actually exist, but names are still important in fake plans.


Lastly, I've been writing long-winded posts on here that are saved and then left unpublished, because it's just better that way. There's a good chance this will be one of them. And if it's not, that means I was feeling more open than I tend to. That, and confusing people is sometimes a hobby of mine. Like walking into walls, and making up words.

I used to write fiction; I always swore I'd be an author, but I stopped bothering when I started freelancing in 2007. I have short stories and half-finished novels hidden around my apartment. I doubt I'll ever start that again, to be honest.

But writing otherwise, just for me.... is something. And I'll take it.

15 comments:

Alyson said...

I hate journalling by hand because I have terrible writing, but I totally have a super-secret blog that's just for me (very private). It's totally nice to vent to nobody and clear yr thoughts once and a while. Totally needed.

Justin Baisden said...

Just noticed the "Crazy... but that's how it goes" link above the comments. Do you ever think about going blonde again?


Also, check my other comment in the previous post and LMK if it works for you.

Nick S said...

I'd love to hear those songs one day. As to writing, I write about what I'm interested in, but I could never write for just me. I want too much to inflict my imagination on everyone else. :)


Got any detective stories?

Kris Goetz said...

Mostly defective stories, actually!

Kris Goetz said...

I doubt I'll ever go blonde again, nope. Dark hair suits my general disposition more :)


I'll throw ya a msg shortly.

Kris Goetz said...

Agreed. I've had a few private blogs, journals on my computer, and book journals. But there's something therapeutic about writing by hand. And the more upset I am while writing, the less I can even read what I wrote.

Mike D. said...

We wanna hear the songs.

Kris Goetz said...

No. You really don't.

Kris Goetz said...

I'd be all over death metal folk. I almost feel like that describes me in general.

Keir said...

Write more. Write a lot. Songs, novels, whatever. I've done that stuff and it feels great. I've finally got to the point where lyrics don't have to rhyme. It's the "hell, why not?" method, and I'm digging it. So much less pressure to top your last/best work. Loose and un-judged. If you write it I will read it, Kris.

Kris Goetz said...

Thanks, Keir. "Loose and un-judged" is the way I'm trying to keep everything these days. It's all about the enjoyment, right?

Anonymous said...

However, people do use Human Growth Hormone for muscle growth and that gives it a bad name.
In comparison, steroids use synthetic hormones whereas HGH releasers boost hormones the natural way.
You could choose the best from among the many HGH releasers in the market.

Anonymous said...

Wоаh! I'm really digging the template/theme of this website. It's simple,
yet effectіvе. A lot of times it's hard to get that "perfect balance" between superb usability and appearance. I must say that you've dоne a amazing job wіth this.

Also, the blog loaԁs extrеmely quicκ for me
on Sаfarі. Superb Blog!

Reviеw my wеb blog ... Chemietoilette

Anonymous said...

You aсtually mаke it ѕеem гeally easу together with
your prеsentаtion but I find this topic tο be rеallу somеthing which I believe I'd never understand. It kind of feels too complicated and extremely large for me. I'm taking a
looκ fοrwaгd on your subsequent submit, I will
аttempt to get the сling of it!

Fеel free tо suгf to my blog post: Chemietoilette

Anonymous said...

Bе thorough with washing sοda and use glovеs as іt is greatly alkaline.
Ηаndmаde bread іѕ not only very еasy to makе, but it rеally іs more
benеfiсial for уοu. The
Emаncipation of Mimi is the tenth stuԁіо album bу
Ameгіcan singer Мarіah Carey.


Feel free to visit my pagе; old stone oven

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...