Thursday, January 3, 2013

Join Us In The Streets Where We Don't Belong

Oh, hello blog.


I just got back home to Toronto after being away since December 21st. Haven't really blogged in that time away either.

Sometimes I need to step back; reboot. Online, offline, all of it.


And so, now the inevitable Christmas photos have to surface - it's just the way it is. Any excuse to show how I tortured poor Daisy by putting the damn Santa hat on her, yet again.


It was a great Christmas. I was happy to have an extended stay at home with the family and dogs.

A good way to end a fairly good year.

I don't think I've ever called a year "good" before.


Had a quiet New Year's Eve, and it's been a quiet couple of days after. The beginning of a year tends to elevate my anxiety (which isn't so good, considering I have constant anxiety), and bring up some worries and issues I need to quash.

Quash is a stupid word. Don't ever let me use it again.


I'm hoping to use the anxiety and turn it into success, professionally and personally. I don't want to get lost in the white noise, as I tend to.

I'm throwing myself headfirst into it. This may hurt.


And so, I wish you all a happy new year.

Whether a brand new year marks new beginnings for you, or if it's just another page on a calendar, I hope it serves you all well. For me it shows that time is passing quickly, and I need to make the most of it.

Kick some ass, really.


Since I didn't say it on the 31st, this is my cheers to you.

I'll raise a glass (of delicious beer, no doubt) to you and yours.


13 comments:

Alyson Shane said...

I finally saw National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation this past Christmas. Now I understand all the hype.

Kris Goetz said...

You're not alone, my sister hadn't either. It's a classic!

Mike D. said...

Happy new year Kris. I'm reminded of you everytime I see the new TMobile commercial with that girl in the leather outfit. She might be your tv twin.

Kris Goetz said...

Oh yeah? Lemme Google her.

Kris Goetz said...

Aha! Is it just cuz we both have dark hair and use phones?

Anonymous said...

This article is truly a pleasant one it helps new web people, who are wishing
in favor of blogging.

Also visit my web page; diets that work for women
my website > diet that works

Anonymous said...

Now that your tea is hopefully taking effect let's think on that last thought for a moment. Nylon underclothing may also cause an allergic reaction in some woman. Seek medical or professional help.

Review my blog post; prevent yeast infection antibiotics

Anonymous said...

The owner decided after the event to donate half of the proceeds
back to the students. I've played Nancy Drew for years and even her saccharine personality is more 3D than Lindsay or 'Linds') as she calls herself. Now, one of my co-workers was applying to the Secret Service and I knew that I was down as a reference for her.

my web-site jc penney

Anonymous said...

(Thank you rounds are always welcome, of course. Below are listed a few
popular pubs where one can chill in Mumbai. 28.

Also visit my blog; clever Pub quiz Names

Anonymous said...

DJ spins out on Saturday nights. Brazenhead is a great place to go with your
family or for a business lunch or dinner, but if you are looking for a party atmosphere, this isn't it. The Bull's Head Pub, Bangkok.


my website redtooth pub quiz answers

Anonymous said...

DJ spins out on Saturday nights. At the end of each round read
out the cumulative scores. The Bull's Head Pub, Bangkok.

Feel free to surf to my web blog free pub quiz and answers

Anonymous said...

On Sunday nights Erin Jaimes hosts a blues jam where anyone from Alan Haynes to Gary Clark, Jr.
Popular prizes include sports tickets, cash and vouchers for drinks, food
- and dollars off of tabs. The decline of the East side blues scene was disheartening, but,
it also gave rise to the need for a fresh start, which came in the form
of the next blues-only venue, Antone's, founded by the late Clifford Antone, during the summer of 1975.

Also visit my weblog: good pub quiz names

Anonymous said...

Some were practical, of course, but others were psychological and emotional.
You must definitely be planning to make it special
and memorable by keeping a good theme, ordering the best food and choosing the best games.

The buccal cavity is a small cavity that has neither jaws nor teeth.



my web page good pub quiz names

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...