Monday, January 14, 2013

With Grace In Your Heart, & Flowers In Your Hair

I've never done yoga in my life.

Some people think it's strange when I say that, but it's true. I don't go to gyms, I don't join classes because they intimidate me, and, well... I'm stubborn.


But for my first Samba Days "Sambassador" experience, I decided to give it a shot. They have a Yoga Sanctuary package where you can either get 5 class passes for two people, or a "Couples Night Out" option with one private yoga class for two people.

I'm sure you can guess which one I chose.

I asked my sister to be my hot date, and we did the private class. 


The private classes are done at their Danforth location - the space was beautiful, the instructor was fantastic and made me really comfortable despite my complete lack of yoga knowledge, and somehow I didn't make a huge ass of myself. There's a first for everything, right?

I didn't think I would be able to relax and concentrate on the poses since I'm completely incapable of turning off my brain (& had particularly rough week), but it worked out better than I thought.




I'll likely give yoga (and Yoda) a shot again, now that I see why it works and that I'm able to do it. The private class was definitely the right way to start for me, and I completely recommend it for anyone like me who feels too much pressure being in a class. And I'm sure, for you non-single people, the couples' date night it's intended for would be awesome (and to continue the date, you can do what my sister and I did - head next door to the Spanish restaurant, Embrujo Flamenco.)

Since I wasn't exactly able to take photos during the class, you're all spared pictures of my downward dog, cobra, and all other poses. You're welcome.

All you get is a little (possibly improper) warrior action:


To grab this Samba Days experience for you or someone else, all the info is here.




7 comments:

Justin Baisden said...

I've been wanting to take a Yoga class for a long time. I keep telling myself my size won't let me do it well but all the instructors I've spoken to say it's not a factor. Thanks for the heads up about the private class.

Alyson Shane said...

I love yoga. It's actually better to be in a big class because you realize that most other people suck worse than you do ;)

Kris Goetz said...

Really? I'm convinced I'd be the worst ever. That's how my brain works!

Kris Goetz said...

The instructor was telling me all the different people that she teaches, and says anyone can do it. Definitely recommend the private class if you want to feel more comfortable doing it.

Masuka said...

You have never taken a yoga class, yet have all the yoga attire.

Kris Goetz said...

Not really. The mat was given to me. The shirt is a tank top... which I think is pretty standard wardrobe fare. The yoga pant/capri things I wear around my apartment.

Anonymous said...

Hi, i believe that i saw you visited my blog thus i got here to
go back the prefer?.I am trying to find things to enhance my website!
I suppose its good enough to make use of a few
of your ideas!!

Here is my webpage ... raspberry ketone diet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...