Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Heart Is Yours, It's You That I Hold On To

Uh-oh. A single chick writing a blog post on Valentine's Day? This'll be ugly.

Sad. But also true.


If that's what you're thinking, don't worry. It won't be a bitchfest about my relationship status, or how V-day is a fake holiday. Really.

Truth is, I like Valentine's Day in my own way. I may have magically been single on this specific date for the last 2 or 3 of them, but I still dig the idea behind it. I love love, and am a fan of celebrating that no matter what company invented the holiday. What's better than being crazy about someone who is crazy about you? Nothin'. Except maybe Big Macs, but that's a very different, delicious kind of love.

If you're with the one you love most, you are lucky. I tend to think today is just about acknowledging that (but doing it all year is a smart idea, too). I'm really not one to require cards, chocolates, flowers, or fancy dinners. Knowing someone cares for you trumps all of that stuff. It's pretty simple.

So don't bitch about the "gimmicks", the pressure, or the cost. None of that is even truly needed; it's irrelevant. Just show some appreciation for someone. Because everyone, including us sadly single jerks, has someone, somewhere who cares.

Even if they're four-legged and small.

An unwilling Volunteer Valentine.


Happy Valentine's Day. I love you all.

...ok maybe, not all of you. But some of you. At least one. I'm pretty sure my parents read this, so... yeah. That's a minimum of  two.

Anyway, happy V-day. I like you as a friend.


16 comments:

Nick S said...

It's better than hate or apathy. I'll take it! ;)

Mom said...

Love you lots!!!

Nick Goetz said...

Me too!
Daddy

Kris Goetz said...

Thanks guys. Love to both of you, and the little girldog.

Kris Goetz said...

Haha, I hate many things, but surprisingly not holidays. :)

Leah McNulty said...

Me three!

Kris Goetz said...

I love you too, ladypantaloons!

Alyson Shane said...

Aww, thanks for not writing a sad blog post. Love you through the Internet!

Masuka said...

Do you love me???

Mike D. said...

Sorry to bring it up but since when are you single? What the heck?

Kris Goetz said...

Back atcha, lady! Hope you and your man had a great one!

Kris Goetz said...

Of course I do. We're like peas in a pod, if one of those peas loved boobs and women and the other pea loved bacon and beer. Y'know. Those kinda pods.

Kris Goetz said...

Recently. I don't blog about absolutely everything anymore. :)

Mark Mowers said...

God you are beautiful!

Kris Goetz said...

Thanks... are you a bot?

jack2365 said...

Fucking creeper. Lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...