Tuesday, May 21, 2013

And My Favourite Guitar Was Between Us To Hold

When last week got a little stressful and went a little bad, my plans completely changed and I ended up back in St. Catharines again (thanks to my lovely Leah).

Because of that, I had the chance to finally see Hayden live - he headlined a fundraiser at the Ravine Estate Winery in Niagara-On-The-Lake.



Needless to say, I went completely fangirl.


He played a lot of the (fantastic) new album, but threw in a few older ones as well.

I think hardcore fans are always happy when Trees Lounge makes an appearance.


When they did the encore, he finished with the song that made the masses reminisce. Even those who didn't follow his albums past Everything I Long For would know this one far too well.


I got it on video. Excuse the shakiness, but sometimes a girl's gotta sway.



And after that, the fangirl mode went to the next level and I managed to meet and get a photo with one of my favourite musicians.

An amazing way to turn my weekend around.


(Huge thanks to Cait and Nick for making that happen - everyone else, go listen to Nick's band, Serena Pryne and The Mandevilles, and come see 'em next Wednesday the 29th at the Mojo Lounge in Toronto. Ok? Ok.)

6 comments:

Aaron said...

Grrrrl o' ma draaaaaims....!

Kris Goetz said...

I thought of you when he started singing. Ha.

Aaron said...

He seems to have mellowed his "grrrrrl" with age.

Anonymous said...

In other words, they go against the grain of the careers their parents had.
I believe my exact words were "I don't want to be your dirty little secret. Theme Format: It is almost like standard format of the pub quiz.

Also visit my weblog pub quiz answers and questions

Anonymous said...

This new Alnico V pickup was also known as the" Histoire du Tango. However, open chords are to be written exactly in the same way descending as they play the game if they want to play in a band or with other musicians.

Here is my homepage ... visit the site

Anonymous said...

propecia cost propecia results for young men - propecia 1 month

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...