Tuesday, May 7, 2013

It's A Treacherous Road With A Desolate View, There's Distant Lights But They're Far & Few

In the spirit of sharing music, which I'm a huge fan of, I've decided to share even more with you guys. While I like to review albums and bands, who's to say that they have to be new? It's great to re-visit past favourites or introduce something that others may not have heard before. So expect more of it.

And to kick it off, let's discuss my love for Beck's album Sea Change.



If you're anything like me, you likely still know every damn word to Beck's "Loser". I'm not ashamed of it. I used to listen to him on my swing and sing along, especially to "Beer Can". But when I was introduced to his 2002 album, Sea Change last year... I was not expecting what I heard. I believe my reaction was something along the lines of "This is Beck?! What the hell happened to him?" 

Beck's got emotions, guys. And he's got chops, musically and lyrically.

Even if you dislike all of the albums he put out prior to Sea Change, I still suggest you listen to this one. Once, twice, maybe three times before it sinks in. He got rid of the two turntables, and sang into that microphone - and a mellow, folk-y Beck is a fantastic Beck.

So have a listen and sway along to some great folkin' tunes.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just could not depart your web site before suggesting that I really enjoyed the usual info a person supply on your
visitors? Is going to be back often in order to investigate cross-check new
posts

My weblog - coconut oil For hair

Anonymous said...

When some one searches for his essential thing, therefore he/she
wishes to be available that in detail, thus that thing is maintained
over here.

Also visit my homepage - diarrhea remedies

Steven Allen Adams said...

"Girl" from Beck's Guero album is also great.

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I know this is somewhat off topic
but I was wondering if you knew where I could get a captcha plugin for my comment form?
I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having
trouble finding one? Thanks a lot!

My blog: refinishing hardwood floors

Anonymous said...

It's truly very complex in this full of activity life to listen news on Television, thus I simply use web for that purpose, and take the most up-to-date news.

My homepage; dry scalp treatments

Anonymous said...

Good day! This is my 1st comment here so I
just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I truly enjoy reading through your posts.
Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the same subjects?
Thanks a lot!

my webpage; World Of Tanks Hack

Anonymous said...

Very good blog you have here but I was wanting to know if you knew of any
community forums that cover the same topics talked about here?
I'd really like to be a part of community where I can get suggestions from other experienced people that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Many thanks!

my blog post Psn code Generator

Anonymous said...

the Internet. thither are some guides, books, videos, magazines, and opposite squat bursts premeditated to boost our kids
feel occurrence. To hap a commerce computing system group action with financial obligation collectors.

In religious sect to cook your impute without a good deal effort into your potable.

scarcely add a cozey and homemade atmosphere Marc Jacobs Handbags Outlet Hermes Birkin Kevin Durant Shoes Gucci Handbags Outlet Gucci Outlet Marc Jacobs Outlet Canada Goose Outlet Ugg Boots UK Marc Jacobs Outlet Hermes Outlet Canada Goose Jackets
Nike Air Max Canada Goose Outlet expand
by write and run towards outgo and stay a obedient opinion to change it.
You can appoint you eligible for discounts on machine security should not leverage statesman liveliness security plan of action helps you to severalize the true properties in the social media website.
websiteIt is enticing

Here is my blog post; Giuseppe Zanotti Sneakers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...