Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Now You Stand Reborn Before Us All

There's a popular saying that I'm sure you've heard, and it's never really left me:

"Do one thing every day that scares you."

In general, I think it's a fantastic idea. There's nothing more liberating or freeing than facing your fears; that single act can evolve us and make us stronger. Trust me... at one point in time I was scared of everything, probably even you. Especially you.


But for me and people like me, it's a little bit different. It's not quite so simple and straightforward. Due to the ever-looming anxiety disorder, normal, everyday acts become needlessly frightening. So when I think about doing "one thing every day that scares me", I know that I already am. Constantly.

I may get an anxiety attack every time I leave my apartment, but I still need to walk my dog. Still need to go to meetings, be social, get the hell out and be a (mostly) functioning adult. Save for maybe one or two people, phone calls cause attacks. So do new situations, going to new places, and sometimes even the simple act of just waking up in the morning. Most daily activities cause some form of anxiety attack, and that's just life. They're unavoidable.

The severity of each attack varies, and so does the frequency. It's always different, and can be dependent on what else is going on in my life. But no matter what, it's an intrusive pain in the ass... and scary. Yes, scary. 

While I've been making an attempt to face my real fears lately (heights, you're next!), I've realized that this entire time I've been doing many things every single day that scare the hell out of me.

And so I will continue to, even if they never get better.



Are you doing something every day that scares you?





16 comments:

Masuka said...

Let's walk up the CN Tower.

Kris Goetz said...

I'll walk up them, sure. But I won't do EdgeWalk. I have limits.

blepharisma said...

Agreed.

ghost said...

it's only me. don't be scared.

Anonymous said...

4. Only verified coupons: You can be sure of the authenticity of the Toms shoes coupons that are announced on the official websites. Though there are many other websites that get you discount codes to chose from keeping your needs in mind.Presently, admirable designs are accessible in toms shoes and those of you who are not abundant anxious about the amount tags can opt for customized added shoes. Some Toms shoes apply awful shock absorptive abstracts central the shoe so as to facilitate affluence of walking. Also, assertive models accept added toe boxes so that there is even added toe allowance for those who charge it. You can acquisition shoes with lycra and such stretchable abstracts as their top accoutrement which will acquiesce your anxiety to move about comfortably. There are abounding options accessible in the added class of shoes which are ablaze weight, adjustable and durable.[url=http://www.cheaptomsbuy.com]Cheap Toms[/url] Uncle Toms ShoesWith the pain of these children I heart and the design of Argentinean shoes in mind, he decided to convert his mission of helping these children into a full fledged shoe company. The company has a policy of gifting a brand new pair of shoes to these children for every pair of shoes sold by them. The company worked because it made the customer a part of its mission. [url=http://www.onlinetomsoutlet.com]Toms Outlet[/url] While you may appropriately acquire the talents of designing, somebody does even now should sew the accoutrements to actualize your technology a reality. This may appropriately blast alarm for bearing a cease with a accoutrements abundance to appraisal the bed-making options for you. This could as well accommodate you with the anticipation to seek advice from beeline accepting a artisan to actualize any alterations and accessory modifications in detail you may appropriately accept overlooked. Your cruise will be as well admittance you to absolutely abridge the commercial amount of bed-making it. The absolutely specific affair apropos the cast casts is its adeptness to angle out by adjustment of the army with its one-of-a-kind architecture & admiration collection. Sizes, colors, styles and prints are abounding & plethoric! Toms Shoes For You With Fashion Style [url=http://www.tomsfans.com]Cheap Toms Sale[/url] The person who buys a pair of shoes from TOMS gets the opportunity to help needy children as one pair of shoes is rewarded to that child by the company on each purchase made.It is like an hon our for those who contribute in this noble cause. The unique quality of Toms is its blend of design and comfort. The shoes are beautiful, stylish and can be worn anywhere and for any purpose without the slightest worry for their well being. The rubber sole and the canvas materials (for most of them) ensure that the shoes are rough and ready all the time.
Relate Post
[url=http://eyesonwnc.com/eyesonwnc.com/node/5779]cheap toms high quality for you discount sale [/url]
[url=http://lift-expert.ru/includes/guest/index.php?showforum=1]best toms high quality for you discount buy[/url]

Kris Goetz said...

Disqus let you comment! Woo hoo!

Kris Goetz said...

Wanna go rock climbing?

Steven Allen Adams said...

Right now my big one is driving. Hell, I get anxious if I'm waking new high traffic.

Anonymous said...

I like the valuable information yоu ρrovide
in your articles. I will bookmaгk уour blog and check again here frequently.
I am quite certain I'll learn lots of new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!

My homepage ... hcg weight loss
My website - what is hcg diet

Anonymous said...

propecia cost propecia 90 day supply price - makes generic propecia

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for that blog post. Leaгn to quіt and tгiumph over panic attacκs.


Ηave a loоk at my web blog; how to overcome anxiety

Anonymous said...

Many thanks with the ѕhort article. Learn to end аlong wіth defeat anxiety
and panіc violence.

my homeраge :: how to stop аnxiеty (sharelinknews.com)

Anonymous said...

Thanks with the blog ροst. Figure out hoω to stop аnd conquеr panic attaсks and anxiety attaсks.


Mу ωeb page ... how to overcome anxiety

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for yοur writing. Be able to stοp aѕ well
as overcome panic ргoblems.

Feel free to surf to my blog ρoѕt - how to stop anxiety

Anonymous said...

Appreсiate іt with thе shoгt artiсle.
Disсovеr ways tο stop anԁ also tгiumph over panic attаcks and anxiety attаcks.



My blog :: how to stop anxiety

Anonymous said...

Αppгecіate it fοr the short
artіcle. Figure οut how to end aѕ ωell aѕ сοnqueг
panic аttаcks.

Feel fгee to ѕurf tо my website: how to oνercome anxiety
:: www.xtremesystems.org :
:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...