Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Take The Wild Ones, They're My Favourite - It's The Side Effects That Save Us

Well, it looks like The Summer of Music is coming to a close. Yup, we're a few days from September and a mere few weeks from cooler weather and a brand new season.

Time to say goodbye to summer concerts.

Riot Fest. My friend Matt's beard holds all the secrets.
 As I've documented, I spent the majority of my summer going to as many live shows as possible. I was lucky enough to be sent to many of them, and given opportunities to check out bands I may not have otherwise been able to see. It's been pretty friggin' great.

And while I thought my last big live music weekend would've been the previous one with The Wooden Sky, and the Bahamas/ Blue Rodeo show, thanks to the always awesome Tracey (and also 93.3 CFMU, McMaster University's radio station), I got to go to Riot Fest this weekend and end the summer with another fun festival.

Rocket From The Crypt

The Weakethans

 Not a bad way to close out the season.

Iggy Pop & The Stooges




The Replacements
And though what I un-creatively named The Summer of Music is pretty much over, I'm not upset - no, because fall is bringing some fantastic shows as well. Aside from local bands that I'm often out to see, the next season of concerts will kick off with Local Natives at the Kool Haus (as well as the Junction Music Fest earlier that same day).

From there, I need to somehow procure tickets to some of the bigger concerts: Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age, Pearl Jam, Chris Cornell... unfortunately, some of these shows are sold out. But I'll find a way to get to as many as possible; I'm determined. And there is guaranteed to be a slew of other fantastic shows in between - so bring on The Fall of Live Tunes! (Ok ok, so these names are always terrible. At least the music is good.)

So my fellow music obsessors, what shows did you check out this summer? Which ones are you excited to see this fall?

And are you taking me with you?!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...