Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Kinda Drifting Into The Abstract In Terms Of How I See Myself

This past weekend was a busy one, but in the best way possible.

Friday was spent in a private box at the ACC for my first-ever Nine Inch Nails show, with some great people. 


As usual, my photos make it look like we couldn't see anything - but watching from the box was a pretty great view, especially with the light show NIN is known for.
  
 

My love for Trent Reznor seems to grow as time passes. He gets better with age.

I took videos, but won't ruin your ears by posting them -  you certainly don't want to hear me singing "Head Like A Hole", or the girl in the box next to us screaming drunkenly during "Hurt". But in these videos, other crazy voices aside, Trent is spot-on with his singing.

 
It was a pretty good mix of old and new tunes. A surprising number from "The Fragile". But, lucky for me, they played what I constantly say will be my wedding song (once I trick a dude into sticking with me) - "A Warm Place".

Don't you look at me funny, it's a beautiful song. Good for some aisle-walkin'.


Amazing concert.

Next night? Nuit Blanche with my rowdy group of awesome folks!

Luckily the wonderful Mark Sylvain took better photos than I did (especially after my phone died), so here are a few of his shots:


The group, ready to go.

Chairs.

Apparently you could go inside, but we didn't want to wait in line. We wondered if there was tea and crumpets. Or beer and poutine.


Swoon. No, that's the artist. Swoon.

Lotsa love to Laura, who knows everything about art and guided us through.


Michelle & I, showin' some love to Glenn Gould.


Snow machine under the Gardiner.

Yes that is my hand. No it didn't freeze.


The trek continues.


Fireworks? What fireworks?

Surely there were no renegade fireworks in Trinity Bellwoods from a group of happy wanderers.

Nope. None.


Ai Wei Wei's 'Forever Bicycles'.


 A couple of drenched Nuit Blanche-ers. We forged through the rain... right to a McDonald's.

I think I'm too damn old for these really late nights. But all in all, that was a good weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hօwdy! Someone іn my Myspace group shaгed this site witɦ us so I came to checκ it out.
I'm definitely enjoying the informаtion. I'm booҝmaгking
and will be tweeting this to my fօllowers! Exceptional Ьloɡ
and terrific design and ѕtyle.

Here is my web blog Chevy Trucks forum

Anonymous said...

This is a good tip especially to those fresh to the blogosphere.
Brief but very precise information… Thanks for sharing this one.

A must read post!

my website ... homme photos

Anonymous said...

Ӏf yoս wan tо օbtain mսch from thiѕ piece оf writing tҺen you have to apply such techniques tο your won website.


Hɑve ɑ loik att mʏ web site hungry shark evo cheats

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...