Friday, October 25, 2013

The Door Swings To A Passing Fable, A Fate We May Delay

Well, Halloween is a-comin'. I've heard that it happens every year around this time.

While I don't yet have a costume planned, and I don't yet know for sure how exactly I'll be celebrating, I do know that I'll be in St. Catharines with some of my favourite Halloween-freak people. So if you're in town next week, get in touch & join us.

As I rack my brain and scour the internet for a fairly easy and inexpensive costume, I'm reminded that I end up with this conundrum just about every year, and always last-minute. A few key costumes I've always wanted to plan out never come through, even though they've been at the top of my list for years. Instead, many costumes have been half-assed or far too easy.

Yeah, it just means I'm lazy. I admit it.

Dog costumes are much simpler. (See? Daisy is me. A pissed off version of me.)

So, if you have any suggestions for this lazy & old chick, throw 'em at me.

In exchange, Tempt Cider & I have a Halloween giveaway for you. 

Tempt Cider is a tasty brand of alcoholic cider that "combines the sweetness of strawberries with a subtle hint of tart lime". It's also oddly pretty packaging for a drink, and I dig that. (See, sometimes I can be girly.)


The $150 prize pack includes:

- a case of Tempt Cider (24 cans)
- a $50 Victoria's Secret gift card
- Two Tempt Cider branded glasses
- a tempting masquerade mask
- a Tempt Cider Branded iPhone case
- a Tempt Cider branded chapstick

So enter below, & good luck!

a Rafflecopter giveaway

23 comments:

blepharisma said...

Sounds mysterious! Does Daisy come with the prize pack?

Kris Goetz said...

No! Well... if you won, she would. Visiting privileges, at least.

Aaron said...

I love subtle hints of tart lime. I'm going to win that and sit at home, alone and in nothing but my boxers and the mask, lips unchapped, and drink alllll of that stuff.

Kris Goetz said...

That's how I prefer to spend my Friday nights.

Coco Puff said...

Last-minute is when my best work is done (okay, it's when any of my work is done...but whatever)! Halloween is the most wonderful time of the year! It's when I get to unleash my Kraken of kreativity! Is there any doubt in your mind that you should be She-Ra? I'm sure you could find what you need at a local value village...or take a trip to Kensington market--they have stores with amazing stuff. If you don't do it this year, start working on it now for next year! ;-) Do eeeeet!!

Kris Goetz said...

Good call. How did you know that was one of the costumes I've been meaning to do forever?

Coco Puff said...

You mentioned She-Ra in a recent blog and I thought "cool costume idea!". Remember: you have the power. ;) I think you'd rock the outfit.

SUMMER PLEWES said...

MEDUSA!! Love doing her. But actually, I have seen a lot of ez minion costumes.. Overalls, Yellow hooded sweatshirt or shirt - yellow tuque ... Then you just draw glasses on you. That sounds like a nice ez one!

angela mitchell said...

If you watch Breaking Bad you will know who Heisenberg is. It's a pretty easy and hilarious costume. Put the hair up in the hat, fake moustache, and big old school glasses (I've borrowed my Dads 80's/90's ones lol)

Areta said...

Jeannie from I dream of Jeannie!

melzzzzzzzzz said...

Apparently Bambi the deer is super popular this year! It's probably because you can actually look beautiful with that look... Halloween can be pretty!

SS_Summer said...

Im not that creative with costume ideas either. Im being a cowgirl this year, easy to look cute and almost any girl with a pair of boots and a cowboy hat in her closet can pull it off

flowerchild23 said...

I think it would be cute to dress up as rick from the walking dead. And if you are going with someone, they could dress up like a zombie, or vice versa

jonnieh said...

You could go as a Sons of Anarchy biker

May K said...

The Ikea monkey - shearling coat and monkey mask!

Sydney D said...

A cat :) (Tom ds on rafflecopter)

Maggie said...

You could go as Groucho Marx. (Maggie)

Sunshine g said...

Go as Buffy the Vampire Slayer...and you can create your own Scooby gang.

Andrea said...

a bunch of grapes...wear something tight fitting and attach blown up balloons (purple or green) all over :)

billiondollarprincesss said...

Holly Golightly Breakfast At Tiffanys

christina07 said...

you could be Katniss from The Hunger Games

daydreamsun3 said...

cowgirl- cowboy boots, plaid shirt and cowboy hat!

Colleen Cole said...

If you go as a "pedestrian" you don't even have to get dressed up. Or "sports fan" wear a jersey.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...