Tuesday, November 5, 2013

If I Met You In A Scissor Fight, I'd Cut Off Both Your Wings On Principle Alone

Well, Halloween is over.

I like to state obvious things, long after the fact. I also like long walks on the beach, dogs that don't bite and singing showtunes to complete strangers.


But I digress...

Halloween. Yep. It happened. I was in St. Catharines for the week, and ill-prepared for anything, so I went with the half sugar skull, Dia de Los Muertos kinda thing. Didn't photograph very well.

I'm so two-faced.

I fear that if I start planning now for an awesome costume next year, I'll have nowhere to wear it. Such non-problems for a chick to have.

But my costume is not nearly as important as some others.

Like, my dog. Who hates wearing anything, ever. And yet we are terrible, evil dog owners and decided to put a pegasus costume on Daisy for all of 10 seconds:


That is the look of hate. I deserve it.


Roxie, on the other hand, was just fine with her pegasus costume. That's because she loves everything. And everyone. And every... ah, you get it.

So Halloween is over, the contest is over, (congrats Serena!), and I'm back in good ol' T.O.

Somehow it's already November, and I'm gearing up for a really busy one work-wise. To start, we (meaning The MediaHaus) will be leading a series of workshops at the North Hill Business Education Centre. The first one starts this month, and is an "Intro to Twitter" course for small business owners and entrepreneurs that don't have the tools or knowledge to effectively get their business started on Twitter.

If that sounds like something you're into, register here.


As for the blog - I took a break from it last week, but I'll have some new bands, new tunes and new stuff to share with you soon. And maybe one day I'll revive the video blog. Maybe.

But for now, I bid you adieu - with help from Zoolander, as he finally nails the underwear trick that cost him the walk-off.


See? People are capable of improvement. One pair of gitch at a time.

(And speaking of improvement - some of us are not so capable. Like our lovely Toronto mayor. But the only comment I'll make on that situation is this: some lyrics in the following song are highly appropriate to our current situation. Step down, Ford.)

3 comments:

blepharisma said...

It's a pegaCORN costume, silly!!! Part pegasus, part unicorn.

Kris Goetz said...

How do you know?!

blepharisma said...

Because I helped Mom pick the costume out. It has a horn and wings - pegacorn.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...