Sunday, May 11, 2014

I've Got A Good Mother, & Her Voice Is What Keeps Me Here

On or around Mother's Day, I tend to post my favourite mom-related songs. Unfortunately, they aren't always so mom-friendly, and my own mom isn't really a fan of 'em.

Today, I'll continue that tradition. And, for my amazing & awesome mother, I'll add some specifically for her that are more "aw" than "rawr".

But first - Danzig. Because I still belt this out on a regular basis.



Next, the one my mom likes the least - Tracy Bonham's "Mother Mother":



I can't really leave out Pink Floyd, can I?



On a nicer note, the Spice Girls thought their moms were lovely people.



Back before email and Facebook, Ozzy gave his ETA via song. Very considerate of him:



My mom is more of a McCartney fan, but as a Beatles lover I'm sure she digs Lennon just fine:



 Boys II Men loved their mamas. I know this because they sang it. In harmony. Harmony doesn't lie.


And Jann Arden had a good mother, so that's nice. I have one of those, too.

Therefore this one's especially for you, mom.



Happy Mother's Day, mom! Thanks for everything, always. Love you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...