Thursday, October 9, 2014

And I Listen For The Voice Inside My Head. Nothing - I'll Do This One Myself.

Welcome to October.

Yeah yeah, I know it's been October for over a week. Gimme a break.

This particular October (October 2014, for those who have just been brought here via Delorean or Star Trek transporter. Welcome.) is an especially crazy one for me. To start, I've just found a new casa to live in, as well as a new city. I'm moving to Niagara at the end of this month, for multiple reasons. But don't worry, Toronto-folks - I'll be splitting my time between the two cities, so I'll be here all the damn time. You'll still feel my constant presence and think to yourselves, "What the hell? Why is she still here?! Go away, evil she-witch!".

Moving cities surely brings out the best in people.
So yes, the joys of packing up my life and planning a new one are a big part of my October. In addition, I also have two medical procedures coming up that I'm anxious about, as well as a big presentation in front of far too many people to properly cap off this month. Public speaking is something I tend to shy away from, so it's all kinda terrifying. Then, with the move on November 1st, it also means no Halloween. This month properly showcases the worst parts of being an adult. Responsibilities? Blah.

Needless to say, I'm stressed and a bit overwhelmed. So here's where I need your help - I want you, whoever you are, to post your go-to song(s) that always put you in an awesome mood. I don't care what it is, I don't care if you know I'll hate it, I want you to post it. Because this Schlock-tober is going to need a killer "I can do anything, I'm frickin' Wonder Woman (though not for Halloween obviously, because THAT DOES NOT EXIST THIS YEAR)" playlist to keep spirits high while I get shit done.

Ready?? Go!


(P.S. - There's one more day to enter the World Animal Day giveaway, so you should probably go & do that.)

4 comments:

Jenny said...

My #1 pick me up song is The Middle by Jimmy Eat World :) it always makes me feel better and in the mood to get stuff done!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKsxPW6i3pM

Tristan Cuschieri said...

Well the first place my mind went (for some reason) was to AFI - Girl's Not Grey, so here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yzu-4kJg6g

Stephen Hathaway said...

Best intro of any song ever... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjOqkGtCyT4

ubermouth said...

My favourite mind altering song is Black Eyed Peas I Gotta A Feelin'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSD4vsh1zDA

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...