Thursday, December 24, 2015

When You First Took My Hand On A Cold Christmas Eve, You Promised Me Broadway Was Waiting for Me

It's that time of year, which means I have to post my usual Christmas post - the same one I post pretty much every year, complete with the same song I post every year - because I'm big on traditions.

So there ya go.


Tree's up, presents are wrapped, and I baked enough to make my family gain 200 collective pounds (sorry, and also not sorry). It sometimes surprises people that I love Christmas so much, but I really do - it brings a different feeling for a few days. Hard to verbalize, but maybe you know what I mean by that.

I know it can also be a stressful time. People who have experienced loss over the year, those who don't have the means to give gifts or provide the holiday meals that so many families enjoy... even people who suffer from depression and anxiety, as I do, can have a hard time with a holiday that focuses so much on joy. The world isn't always a joyful place.

But you see a lot of people helping others around this time, and that's something to be glad about. I'm not at all religious (all hail pizza! does that count?), so Christmas has nothing to do with that side of things for me, but it's about family, friends, food and giving - whether it's that awesome gift you got your crazy Aunt Mabel, the time you give those you love, or giving in some way to people in need. It's about that. Simple stuff.

So, to everyone... Merry Christmas. I hope you find some happiness in whatever way you can.



And it wouldn't be a Christmas blog without this song. I think I've posted this each year since 2007 - it's never gonna change, and neither am I.

Merry Christmas, all!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...